Delivery in day(s): 5
Unit 1 Historical Developments in Travel and Tourism Assignment
Travel and tourism is rapidly growing industry in today’s sophisticated market. People in today’s world are very smart and enthusiastic to the work as well as to the adventures. Tourism is the part of luxurious services provided by different organisation all over the world. Tourism is the big segment of market various industries and organisation is keep providing is best services in diversified manner in order to catch high amount of business out of the market. The Unit 1 Historical Developments in Travel and Tourism Assignment has been identified through the explanation of the historical development in the travel and tourism sector and the structure of this industry. Tourism in the short could be described as a travel for pleasure and includes many services like accommodation, travel services food safety management, hotel room’s occupation, amusement arrangement and further more. Thomas cook was the first person who started his business in this field and made historical changes.
Understand the history and structure of the travel and tourism sector
1.1 Explain the key historical developments in travel and tourism as they have contributed to the development and expansion of tourism in your chosen country.
Travel and tourism industry has grown rapidly with the change of human behaviour and their expectation. There was a time structured with the data approximately from 1945 when growth in the tourism industry was seen. People like to spend their time to the different places those from others where they have been already. The change in the human behaviour and their expectation from this industry has made possible for tourism to keep phase with other industry. Since in the starting of growth tourism only includes travelling and transportation of goods. Now a day’s tourism includes not only traveling but also those areas which are ancillary to the comfort of clients(Papatheodorou, et. al., 2016). From 1960 onwards various factors are come into notice such as increment of free time availabilities, inclined interest of the clients for the long trips, growth in the per capital income of people of the individual in U.K. improvement of tour packages offered by different organisation for the time being in force(Papatheodorou, et. al., 2016).
Now a day’s formation of tourism industry is highly affected by the number of industries established in such segments. New comers in this field are offering very good amount of packages which are customers oriented in order to bring more business out of the market. There are so many strategies are followed by number of player in tourism market. Tourism business now not only includes only traveling services but it manages everything for the clients and changes are keep running as per the demand of the clients(Medlik, 2012). Structure in travel has been classified with the diversification of this tourism business, many of the sectors named travel services, tour operations, hotel industries, arrangement of passport visa, confreres and events conducting, exploring in cloths and other defined stocks etc. it is to say that with the diversified business tourism has been divided into many parts(Medlik, 2012).
It includes the employees involved in performing various activates in order to accomplish goals and objectives
Sales and marketing
It covers employees involve in selling organisation’s product and services in markets includes strategies, sales team etc.
Finance and accounts
this section is occupied with the matters with the financial issue usually in such section decisions are taken by the top level management
Administration and IT
It covers those person who are fully engaged in the daily routine activities and other assigned technical task in order to troubleshoot the problems arise in the organisation
It includes outsiders involve in the business marketing, distributors helps in fetching more business in the organisation which is essential part of the business success
These are the highly qualified person in their field who take cares of all the rules and regulation governed by the special acts and other authorities in the industry
1.2 The second section of your report starts with a diagram which gives a detailed overview of the structure of the travel and tourism sector in the same country. You should include all areas which have direct and indirect links to the travel The City College in Travel & Tourism Management – The Travel & Tourism Sector –May 2016 and tourism industry and after the diagram, you provide an explanatory commentary.
Travel and tourism sector involves various services which are described as below
Travel Services: It includes services which helps people to migrate from one place to another, in such services buses, car, trains, aircraft, vessel etc. are included
Tourism Services:- These services are coupled with various activities starting from travelling, accommodation, hotel stay hospitalised services and so on
Conferences and events:- tourism industry has evolved into various activates it has not only covered transport business but also hospitalised service sector as well
Accommodation services:- these are the services which are related with the client stays outside and their food arrangement
Passengers transport services :- these are the complementary services provided by the industry indulge in tourism sector, this sector includes activities of departure and arrival of passengers carrying to their specified destinations
Collaboration of private and public sectors :- these are the services which are provided by the outsiders who have their core competency in such fields? Organisation being in tourism sectors make joint venture with other business associates so that best services could be imparted to clients
Leper’s tourist system:- it is system which provides a paper to the clients of their visit stations it provides a small guidance with the curriculum of visits. So that client could be vigilant with their choice of stations
Passenger passport: - this department check each passenger’s passport and helps them to availing visa facility in a very smooth manner. This section not only give proper guidance but also help in taking passport in a legal manner
With the help of diagram study, the proper study of the structure and the historical view has been taken into consideration. Tourism industry coupled with the diversified activities in various field has wide range of scope in both aspects named customer satisfaction and money making business but in order to sustain second option in the long run organisation has to keep phase with the customer satisfaction. It is proven fact that with the low quality of service short term gain could be achieved but long run image of the organisation is destroyed (González, 2011).
Understand the influence of local and national governments and international agencies on the travel and tourism sector
2.1 Many organizations influence the travel and tourism industry at local, national and international levels.. Analyze, the functions of government (Local and National), government sponsored bodies and international agencies in the development of the travel and tourism sector of your chosen country
Travel and tourism is the best market sector which allows and attracts so many new comers. This organisational sector is very open and vastly influences the local as well non-resident on their visit. It is well known fact that tourism business is already occupied by many business organisation and in order to phase with this competition some organisations are taking wrong initiatives such as increment of amusement with the help of drugs, alcohol, cigarettes enhancement of human trafficking services, therefor in order to curb this issues local and international government both are taking actions in such fields(Alina Elena &Petrescu, 2011).
Local Government: - Thomson and Titan is the best industry in the tourism sector and the income generation by Thomson and titan is the biggest influencing factor on the local government, this solely industry pays 14% amount of tax collected by local government in this sector luxury tax is the very big amount of tax imposed on the general public who are availing travel and tourism services in the market.
There are some restrictions also imposed by local government so that this tourism does not affect the local functioning of its own country. It is public disclosed fact that around 34.4 million overseas visitors who come U.K. spent a record of£21.8 billion
Local government is making following activities in order to make oversea visitors experience better.
Making Economic policies align with the positive attitude with the immigrants
Making changes in the policies and regulation in order to minimise the negative effects of tourism
Formulating policies at the world level so that more overseas visitors could be attracted
Establishment of collaboration with other bodies in order to make environment of U.K. pleasant
International bodies: - In order to boost tourism in U.K. efforts are not only made at the local level but as well to the international level. As it is widely accepted fact that tourism is the only sector which fetch foreign currency in a big amount, international agencies e.g.- Europeans union, WORLD TRADE ORGANIATION, World tourism council, International hospitality Civil Aviation Organization, International Air Transport Association are making policies and regulation in the affirmative manner. Tourism is the mean which align the interest of one county with all over the world, international bodies are making their effort and providing their best aid to the local government
Understand the effects of supply and demand on the travel and tourism sector
3.1 Tourism demand is influenced by a number of factors. Explain in detail and with specific examples how the factors that will be likely to affect the demand for the travel and tourism
Tourism is the set of numerous activate in order to provide best quality of services.
Tourism demand: This demand can be describe with the help of establishment of client’s demand (Brokaj, 2015).
Tourism demand is derived with the help of data based on individual’s wish to travel in various countries
Tourism Demand:-tourism demand is defined in different ways but there are two definition which can be useful
Tourism demand can be divided into various parts:-
Determinates of demand of tourism:-
- Income and employment: This is concerned with the ability of clients to purchase certain services and their purchasing power ability to avail services
- Education and mobility: - Education is the process which builds up enthusiasm, ability, and wishes to explore different geographical area of world.
- Age: tourism is mostly occupied with the clients who are falling in the age band of 17 to 50, this factors helps in making sample survey.
- Race and gender: Tourism industry is mostly flooded with the couples it has become trends for the couples to go for a long distance visit to spend quality of time.
This demand and supply relations can be described with the help of this example. There are number of factors which could be seen in U.K. country. U.K. is flooded by the Millions of overseas visitors during each year due the number of factors (Ritchie, et. al., 2014).
External and internal environment of Local people is positive to the oversea visitors
External environment is less cooperative and coordinative to oversee visitors
Climate changes is accordingly
Climate is not according to the overseas humans it becomes hard for them to adapt to the new environment
Criminal activities are curbed to the board level
Country is flooded with the criminal activities
Political sustain toward the policies framed and regulation made
Fluctuation in politics on random basis
Less natural disaster problems
Consistent natural disaster problem
3.2 The demand from visitors/tourists has increased over the last few years. Explain, with specific examples, how supply has changed to meet the effects of demand in your chosen country
Tourism sector is comprised of many sectors and provide wide range of services in order to satisfy clients demand. Now a days with the enhancement of sophistication in the people‘s behavior and inclined interest toward the amusement and fun in order to get them self out of boredom life. It is disclosed fact that demand from the visitors has increased worldwide. There are some of the factors responsible which has made this possible in the tourism industry(Delaney &MacFeely, 2013).
- Demographics position: Geographical area of one country plays a very pivotal role. U.K. has positive demographical area all over the world with a total area of approximately 241,930 square kilometres. There is finding different variety of nature only in one country specifically some part is covered with the big mountains on the other hand north part has the biggest river worldwide. This all has made a positive factor for tourism sectors
- Emerging economy: there is wide difference between emerging economy and developing economy. U.K. is emerging economy worldwide has wide variety of monuments river and historical places to explore.
- Technological changes: Technologies and with the placement of gadgets in order to provide standard comfort has played a very important part in the enhancement of tourism sector worldwide. Technology has erased all the gaps between countries and helps clients to be vigilant with their rights, offers in the market, safety and security and all other things required
- Influence of foreign currency exchange: tourism is widely affected with the stability of value of money in the international market. It is seen that devaluation or valuation has big impact on the perception of the client to decide which country they should opt to explore worldwide. This could be understood with the simple example of Grease country in the European Union. The biggest downfall in the tourism sector in the European Union due to devaluation of Euro.
- Seasonality: It is seen that U.K. atmosphere is quite adaptive for the oversea visitors. Human being exhausted in their own environment likes to travel for the change. With the latest data it is seen that U.K. is flooded with big number of oversea visitor during the months started from sept to Jan.
- Local people behavior: People reside in U.K. are far more inclined to provide quality of services to the oversea visitors. Tourism sectors has assisted many people in different ways either in the terms of employment or selling house hold goods by the business man or in the area of export of goods (Huang, et. al., 2012).
- Sustainability: it refers to the long term development of the country. U.K. being an emerging country on the international level has proved to be a fast moving economics growth country. This status of U.K. helps to attract many oversea visitors or investors to visit and explore country
With the help of above discussion it could be said that tourism in U.K. is widely affected by its positive factors. It helps to fetch more oversea visitors and tourist; however host country should make good arrangement in order to provide best quality of services. Tourism sectors has emerged to be an important part in the economic growth of the country as it is the only sector which helps country to acquire FOREGIN EXCHANGE IN BIG QUANTIY(Delaney &MacFeely, 2013).
4.1 The impacts of tourism could have an effect on a destination. You are required to evaluate the main positive and negative impacts of tourism in your chosen country
It is true to say that economic development of one country and its growth development rate is depended on various businesses. Industries Tourism is coupled with much economic activity which has direct and indirect impact on the destination of the country (Becken, 2013). Local government of U.K. in collaboration with the international bodies such asWORLD TRADE ORGANIATION, World tourism council, International Civil Aviation Organization, International Air Transport Association is making various plans and procedure in the field of development of various sectors e.g.-better infrastructure of roads and transport, hygiene surrounding, well equipped markets, climate, adaptive environment, management of good accommodation by making policies with private sectors (Becken, 2013). There are some following impacts:-
Impact of tourism and travel on the destination
- Direct and indirect income: tourism business covers wide variety of economic activities and plays a pivotal role in the economic growth of the destination country. In tourism business there are number of people is employed and their income and expense has a great impact on the national income of the destination countries. In the host country multiplier effects could be seen and it positively affects the economy worldwide. Nevertheless the result of tourism industries also shows the affirmative effects on other business sectors running in the U.K. economy(Mason, 2010).
- Best source of generation of foreign currency: tourism business has different source of incomes and the client in such business are oversea clients. Therefor all the income generated in the tourism business is in foreign currency. It is widely international fact that fund of foreign currency is most important part to make international transaction with other country. Nevertheless reserve of foreign currency helps in valuation of domestic money at the international level(Mason, 2010).
- Valuation of domestic money is comparing own currency with those of other country’s money.
- Increment of environment awareness: government of host countries understands the need of tourism in the country. U.K. government has made various plans and policies in order to make environment clean and sophisticated for the betterment of tourist and their luxuries.
- Conservation and preservation of monuments and historical place: U.K. is surrounded by the different mountains, rivers and other museum and monuments which are the key factors attracting clients worldwide. In order to boost tourism business U.K. government passes budget each and every year with a big amount. historical places like tower of London, Windsor castle, British museum, Stonehenge and other places needs good care otherwise with the time being in force these all will get depleted(Mason, 2010).
- Cross culture exchange and increment of education: The biggest benefit of tourism in the destination country is that it align the interest of oversea visitors with that of local people resides in U.K. Tourism business attached with many activities and associated with different business sectors requires utmost care. People with their interaction share knowledge and information with each other’s In U.K. different education benefit could be seen e.g. different language learning, oversea relation management, etc(Mason, 2010).
4.2 Actions need to be taken to minimize negative impacts and maximize positive impacts of the tourism industry in your chosen country. Identify and explain different strategies that can be used to minimize the negative impacts while maximizing the positive impacts of tourism in that country
Sustainable development of tourism is required to minimize the negative impact of tourism with the increment of positive impacts at the same time. The impact of tourism with the positive and negative impacts can be categorized into three dimensions:
- Economic: With the increment of tourism there is seen the unmatchable results in the U.K. Economy(Matias, et. al., 2011).
- Environmental: Tourism consisted with the different activities. It has a major role in the impact on the U.K. environment.
- Social and culture: Tourism business somehow affects the social and culture of the destination U.K. has been affected with the overseavisitor’s culture and their way of living. Human being is always inclined toward the new changes. U.K. resident has fatly adapted toward the standard and the way oversea visitor’s lives their life. With the increment of tourism in the U.K. economy there is also seen range of increment of the people absorbing drugs, alcohol,cigarettes(Martínez-Ibarra, 2015).
Case study: U.K. is an emerging country. One of the major positive points of tourism is that it generates ample amount of income to government. This income inspired government to put additional worthy efforts to preserve its historical areas, monuments, wildlife and so on. But on the other side tourism has made U.K. economy unstable and unsafe. It also affects U.K. culture and social life andrenders damages to environment. There are several ways has been opted by the U.K. government in order to curb the negative impacts on tourism:-
- Reduction in number of tourist in some areas
- Enhancement of eco-tourism
- Implementation of strict Law for Licensed Premises
- Proper management and supervisory system on tourism
- Put ahead Green Tourism in U.K(Noti, 2013).
In this Unit 1 Historical Developments in Travel and Tourism Assignment I have to the conclusion that tourism industry is very important in the U.K. economy. Although it has various negative and positive impacts on the economy and culture. But government should take endeavor to curb the negative impacts in a positive manner. Tourism has provided wide range of benefits and it is very much required for U.K. economy in order to survive on the international level. Tourism in the short could be described as a travel for pleasure. At the end I would like to conclude up my words with the statement that tourism sector growth is required for the betterment of the economy of U.K.
Alina Elena (Iosif) Balalia&Petrescu, R.M. 2011, "THE INVOLVEMENT OF THE PUBLIC AND PRIVATE SECTOR - ELEMENTS WITH INFLUENCE ON TRAVEL & TOURISM DEMAND DURING THE CRISIS PERIOD", Tourism and Hospitality Management,vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 216.
Becken, S. 2013, "Measuring the Effect of Weather on Tourism: A Destination- and Activity-Based Analysis", Journal of Travel Research,vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 156-167.
Brokaj, R. 2015, "Capacity Development Services and the Demand Market in Albanian Tourism Sector", European Journal of Sustainable Development,vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 75-84.
Delaney, J. &MacFeely, S. 2013, "Extending supply side statistics for the tourism sector: A new approach based on linked-administrative data", Journal of the Statistical and Social Inquiry Society of Ireland,vol. XLIII, pp. 136.
Evans, N., Stonehouse, G. & Campbell, D. 2012, Strategic Management for Travel and Tourism,Taylor and Francis, Jordan Hill.
González, S. 2011, "Bilbao and Barcelona ‘in Motion’. How Urban Regeneration ‘Models’ Travel and Mutate in the Global Flows of Policy Tourism", Urban Studies,vol. 48, no. 7, pp. 1397-1418.
Hall, C.M., Scott, D. &Gössling, S. 2013, "The Primacy of Climate Change for Sustainable International Tourism", Sustainable Development,vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 112-121.
Harris, J., Doan, P. & Wilson, K. 2012, "Local development planning and the tourism sector: prospects for reducing volatility in tourism impacts in Kenya", International Development Planning Review,vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 167-187.
Harris, R., Williams, P. & Griffin, T. 2012, Sustainable Tourism,2nd edn, Taylor and Francis, Burlington.
Huang, Y., Song, H., Huang, G.Q. & Lou, J. 2012, "A Comparative Study of Tourism Supply Chains with Quantity Competition", Journal of Travel Research,vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 717-729.
Leslie, D. 2012, Responsible tourism: concepts, theory and practice,CABI, Cambridge, MA;Wallingford, Oxfordshire;.
Martínez-Ibarra, E. 2015, "Climate, water and tourism: causes and effects of droughts associated with urban development and tourism in Benidorm (Spain)", International Journal of Biometeorology,vol. 59, no. 5, pp. 487-501.
Unit 1 Historical Developments in Travel and Tourism Assignment has been identified through the explanation of the historical development in the travel and tourism sector and the structure of this industry, We are posting Locus units solutions so scholars can explore the our Assignment Help in UK and get review the quality of our work.