Delivery in day(s): 5
Employability Skills Assignment Help
This Employability Skills Assignment Help has been designed to offer varieties of skills as well as knowledge to the learners, with the help of which effective employment will be possible. The report will be helpful for the learners to gain in-depth knowledge about recruitment environment in accordance with the concept of prospective employers (Deitel et al., 2015). Here the case scenario of Timbacourt which is a leading clothing retailer company has been taken into consideration. Primer Products is the parent organisation of this corporation which deals with top-quality exclusive clothing for both men and women (Briscoe & Kellogg, 2011). A prime location of West London in UK has been acquired by the prominent company at the Westfield Shopping Centre. A well-organised on-line business has also been achieved by the company throughout its previous one year of business activities. With this particular study, many problematic issues in business can be resolved. Problem identification ability and then giving the maximum efforts to find the appropriate solution is the aim of this research.
I am the HR Manager of Timbacourt and it is my responsibility to guide the team assigned for recruitment process and selection procedure as well as training of the new members of staff. All these factors are essential to accomplish sustainable development of the firm. Therefore, the first section of the assignment is about job descriptions as well as person specifications with respect to two different roles, among which the first role is at the management level and the second one is at staff level. A brilliant design for junior managers’ training program for the development of their skills is another objective of this segment of the report (Macgowan & Vakharia, 2012).
See Employability Skills Assignment brief here:
This segment of task-1 is about the individual resources and it also presents a comprehensive idea about individuals’ responsibility, performance appraisal of the individuals. Performance objective as well as application related to performance along with motivation.
Set of own responsibilities and performance objectives
There is a direct relation of own responsibilities and performance objectives management with self-management. Individual’s ability to deliver the best outcomes with respect to the given job is known as Self-management. Organizing along with planning are the first two imperative responsibilities and both of these are related to self-management (Goetsch & Davis, 2014). This particular subject of concern is for the determination of personal capabilities along with the demands related to Timbacourt. Some of the most excellent types of unique skills are generally found in case of the persons with great expertise. According to Curtis, these particular set of skills signifies the individuals’ abilities of assessing strengths along with weaknesses. Thus, in case of Timbacourt, skill of an individual is the most essential factor which can instigate competitive advantages which are favourable for the organisation’s point of view (Trevithick, 2012).
There are different approaches through which potential abilities of a person in Timbacourt can be proved and for this the primary thing is that the individuals have to take responsibilities. According to the study of Down, Purcell and Fechner in 1998, a person in an organisation can-
- Measure and evaluate his/her performance level and also can compare the performance with other individuals associated with the similar positions with the aim of observing the improvement.
- Proper behaviour which is appropriate for the colleagues as well as senior members and junior staffs.
- Determining as well as setting out the customs so that improvement can be done and it can be achieved in an internal as well as external manner as compared to Timbacourt.
- Working on a position which seems less risky.
- Recognising the roles and responsibilities as the member of staff along with the deserved powers.
Organization own effectiveness against defined objectives
The personal effectiveness related to the organisational objectives and organisational goals has to be evaluated by the individuals of Timbacourt and there is a systematic way to do it, which has been described below (Caligiuri et al., 2013).
- Value of the responsibility and its acceptance as per the self-jobs:
- After considering and satisfying in line with the prerequisites related to the consumer services, a person’s job in Timbacourt can be accepted. It goes along with the performance quality, authority and specialisation of the person, utilization of the resources. However, deep at the organisational structure the work policy levels vary according to the policies implemented by the organisation (Ibarraran et al., 2014).
- Safety regarding the job scope of every person in line with the standards, principles, policies and ethics of the organisation.
- Thorough progress related to different jobs can be achieved with the help of proper quality measurement processes.
- Proper managing of the self-jobs
- Predetermined style of acceptance is approved in case of individual orders and along with it, it is examined alongside with the job quality as well as accepted range.
- In accordance with the assigned time limit, determination as well as prioritisation of job weight is a necessary point of concern here.
- Job weight is determined and prioritized as per allocated time limit
- The most suitable individual is chosen for the subsequent job assignment and it is carried out by considering the earlier performance levels.
- Application of the knowledge and understanding of responsibility of Council
- Determination of the relationship among the employees comes to the front by considering the working of individual members.
- According to the policies as well as schemes of the organisation, all the individuals and staffs put up with the assigned responsibilities and tasks.
- Looking after the wellbeing related to the society
- Danger related to safety or wellbeing of the society are determined and reacted concerning society’s healthiness.
- In the shortest time frame, crisis and predicament related to society should be highlighted and then treated accordingly in a proper manner.
- Outcomes related to different consumers are dissimilar, that’s why consequences related with these different consumers should be cured in view of that.
- Support is the primary factor which is the essential need of each individual in Timbacourt, so quick response as well as reaction to this factor should be taken in time.
- Change Management
- Developing the changes according to the transformation of exterior environment often occurs in the organisation.
- Workplace changes are imperative for efficient working of the individuals.
- Predetermined alternations related to improve labour outcomes are the major concerns which are taken into consideration.
- Supplying the schemes related to different jobs that are predetermined.
- Handling of the proposals linked with job civilisation.
Recommendations for improvement
Promotion stimulates the eagerness in the mind of individuals and it is a necessary factor that has impact on human resources. With this approach, great level of interest in their mind-set gets triggered that stimulates improvements (Strickland et al., 2013). Initiatives in relation to major issues, such as- cost minimisation, goodwill improvisation and friendliness get sparked among them which they achieve by offering world-class services. Impressive style of monitoring at the executive level possibly will lessen employees’ responsibilities. Therefore, some of the initiatives are taken as recommendations for perfection or development. Those recommendations can be stated as-
- Review Management- Necessary changes in the management along with in the firm can be achieved by active responses from the individuals on the context of change related implementation.
- Evaluating opportunities- For the organisational improvement, employees generate brilliant ideas as nobody better than the employees know the systems of an organisation internally. Here, encouragement is the key that motivates them to share diverse ideas related to better working opportunities as well as better practices.
- Support of individual practices for progress-This is a well-organised way of measuring the work habits of the individuals. Designing an improved workplace will be possible with this approach.
- Engaging fellow workers- Collaborative efforts among the employees is a symbol of innovative organisational environment, through which sharing of knowledge related to workplace is possible (Larson & Gray, 2014).
- Adaptation- Adaptation according to the changes helps many employees who are not experienced and this approach assists them to know about the new workplace which is an imperative concern of the organisation.
Solutions to work based problems
According to the complex version of problem solving approach, it includes different processes, such as- identification of the problem, quality assurance, risk management etc. According to Williams study, initiatives are taken to solve problems as soon as possible, but it doesn’t mean to involve the supervisors all the time (Caligiuri et al., 2013). It also indicates the problem solving approach before the problematic scenario even comes to effect in the organisational environment.
The different problem solving approaches are-
- In case of contingency situation-In the time of non-standard situations, employees of the organisation should take part in the problem solving initiatives.
- Equipment reassessing-All the equipment of the company should be thoroughly checked in a regular interval and maintenance work should be carried out accordingly.
- Consumer Participation-The company should give the consumers a chance to participate in the processes of problem resolution. Prominent companies across the globe also allow them to participate in processes, such as- strategic planning, resolving the problematic issues aroused in the contingency situation and resource allocation (Trevithick, 2012). Understanding the role as well as responsibilities in an organisational environment lessens the workload regarding problem solving activities. Here, assessment related to the performance levels in a workplace is the main concern and the individuals of the organisation have to learn these points. Different solutions work based problems are given below-
- Verbal as well as Non-verbal Communication:It is known as the most common solution which is taken into action in many organisations which promotes resolving of the problematic issues. The verbal as well as non-verbal channels of communication skills are utilized to upturn awareness among the employees which instigates primary attentiveness towards the upcoming tight spot or a difficult scenario which has already reached. This technique is about expressing a message correctly and it also encourages to maintain good behaviour with the colleagues as well as with the consumers (Goetsch & Davis, 2014).
- Body language:It is otherwise known as body structure which is considered as an imperative part of the resolution process. It has been encountered many a time that body language is the ultimate factor that is relay helpful in case of communicating with a disabled person.
- Approachability:Customers are the key part for which an organisation does all its activities and operations. So, responsiveness is the main factor that stimulates the idea of working with the customers mutually so that the problems can be solved instantly (Macgowan & Vakharia, 2012). It also widens the alternative paths of problem solving ability and therefore, it is the most important factor for effective communication in Timbacourt.
- Co-worker’s feedback:This technique show how the surrounding of an employee in an organisational environment behaves with him. It also gives an idea about the social activities that supports effective communication in the organisational structure.
Communication in a variety of styles and appropriate manner at various levels
Effective communication is the most essential factor that takes an organisation towards the point of success. Within the organisational circle, development regarding communication occurs and a strong correlation is there between employability skills and communication (Briscoe & Kellogg, 2011). In case of every job practice, there are four important verities of styles present at the different levels of Timbacourt of Primer Products. Those basic styles are-
Many forms, shapes and contours arise from commination in order to achieve a proper job result and this approach sometimes possibly will create documents related to protection credentials with the intention of comprehensive study based on the context of competition. Multifaceted ways of explaining related to the documentation as well as reading and interpretation of the qualification of policies should be followed (Deitel et al., 2015). These days, among the most fundamental and essential communicational element, technology is the one. It wouldn’t be wrong to mention that technology plays a vital role in case of the communication at the workplace, regardless the fact that it has no great role in case of employability. Language is an imperative issue and here, English is the language that is commonly preferred. So, individuals with English proficiency can easily communicate in the environment with their optimum skills (Briscoe & Kellogg, 2011).
From many studies, it has been known that communication is an easily said than done task and numerous levels as well as stages have to be considered while deciding the most suitable channel of communication within an organisation. To settle the appropriate style of communication channel, the most fundamental aspects along with other components related to work have to be kept in mind (Macgowan & Vakharia, 2012). At each and every stage related to organisational performance, Clear channel of communication is needed. With this approach, the employees of Timbacourt can achieve the most excellent style of communication that will strengthen their relationships with the customers in terms of conveying important messages and conveying wishes on various special occasions.
Effective time-management strategies
Time-management strategies come under the most fundamental business strategy planning related to an organisation. It is quite essential in case of successful employability skill. Planning along with organising aspects related to time-management triggers effective skills of employability in the firm (Goetsch & Davis, 2014). There are various tools present in Timbacourt, by which identification of effective style of time-management can be done. These are more of a set of strategies which should be taken into account while considering time-management. Those strategies are-
- Prioritisation of the different tasks
- Making the proper sequence and categorisation of work
- Decentralization related to the tasks that are difficult in nature
- Time distraction
- Measuring of tasks that are time-consuming
- Taking appropriate initiatives.
This segment of the report is about team building as well as teamwork in an organisation.
The roles people play in a team and how they can work together to achieve shared goals
In case of teams of Timbacourt, individuals have greater roles and responsibilities and it is because the teams are made by the individuals, so they know the teams better than anyone in the organisation (Ibarraran et al., 2014). The different approaches of role playing so that the shared goals can be achieved in near future are mentioned as follows-
- Job Requirements:Here, the first step is about categorisation of the rules as well as regulations that are obligatory and requirement related to job site. After that, the next step is to categorise the features as well as specifics related to job site requirements and responsibilities with the intention that management linked with work processes can be accelerated (Strickland et al., 2013). Proper strategic planning on the basis of customers’ needs as well as their expectations is essential. All the OHS can be categorised and organised which is possible only by considering the factor known as- Risk of job.
- Resource Allocation:In case of proper team management, first priority should be given to the right planning and arrangement of the resources that are essential in case of organisational operations. These resources should be organised for the practice of individuals in accordance with the existing requirements (Larson & Gray, 2014). Timely arrangement of the essential resources as well as tools in line with the current requirement is crucial. All of the tools as well as plans should be tested properly before taking into practice to build up the most effective team.
- Group Communication:Completion of a project or work in the least possible time frame is the motto of Timbacourt for which allocation and planning of certain job is the basic concept. From this approach, one thing is clear that all the jobs or tasks should be correctly distributed among the groups in line with the group members’ capabilities (Witney & Smallbone, 2011). It can be described simply as specialists and professionals can accomplish a task or job in the least possible period of time rather than that of non-experts. Another important fact is that valid license for a particular job is essential according to the job requirement.
- Fulfilment of the job requirements:With the most right way, fulfilment of job requirements should be taken into consideration by the human resourcedepartment of Timbacourt. Ensuring about the establishment, completion as well as understanding about certain orders is required here.
- Training along with performance:In case of group work, training is the most fundamental factor, it is because in a team all the staffs might not have well-experienced and familiar with the current situation of the organisation. Therefore, at first categorising the work force related gap is necessary. Job related absolute guidance should be obtainable at any time (Bowie et al., 2013). Availability of the assistance linked with the assessment of the team goals should be always there to help the human resource. Significant job appraisals is therefore the primary concern of Timbacourt in accordance with the rules and regulations of the fashion industry as the company belongs to it.
Analysis of team dynamics
In workplace, teamwork is proportional to the importance related to the affiliations. Team is formed in Timbacourt for the basic reason of greater productivity or profitability. So, teams are formed to work collaboratively for bringing in the best possible output. Team dynamics is an essential factor of concern to get success. In case of maintaining a team properly, countless difficulties might get encountered by a company like- Timbacourt. Looking at the growing problematic scenarios as well as availability of various services as well as goods work for the feasibility at workplaces, multi skilling aspects as well as manipulation of the ever-increasing obligation with respect to collaborative effort. Looking at all these factors, one thing can be stated which is all the team members have to be thoughtful and cautious regarding the formation of a proper team (Acemoglu & Autor, 2011).
Numerous work expertise on the scale of teamwork can be analysed to build up the most effective team. First of all, taking the sides of team members is an essential requirement which is a superior’s responsibility. Monitoring the performance of the members as well as supplying required aid along with their development are the other vital responsibilities of the superiors. Identification of the obstacles related to the tasks or job is the responsibility of each of the team member. Working together so that solving a problem will be easy- is the sole objective of a team. Optimism is one of the vital contribution which should be reflected from the team dynamics. Important arguments for the sake of sustainable development of Timbacourt is essentially required in case of every team member. Association of each of the individual should be accepted by the superiors and it is very necessary (Strickland et al., 2013). Due to the decentralisation policy, teamwork becomes more crucial. Distribution of the work is the approach comes to the view here and all the employees are separated by their work expertise and responsibilities. At this level of work, very limited number of tasks are interdependent in nature for which at very few situations, the employees have to rely on other employees to complete a task. While considering team dynamics, one fact is quite important which is understanding the team goal and to achieve the goal at any term (Macgowan & Vakharia, 2012).
Alternative ways to complete tasks and achieve team goals: Suggestion
The key objective of team formation is about achieving certain organisational goals as well as objectives by identifying the core competencies, mission and vision of Timbacourt. Here, alternative ways of completing the tasks as well as achieving the team goals can be implemented sometimes and it is known as specialisation. In the scenario of specialisation, all the members of the team have to perform their roles related to the given work in a continuous manner and these works belong to their sector of specialty or can be called as their areas of expertise.
This particular segment of the report is to know about the problem specification and then to deal with it. Identifying the most possible outcomes along with the related tools as well as techniques and strategic planning related to the application of the tools as well as techniques are also the points of concern here. Evaluation of all the above-mentioned factors is additional point of concern here at task four (Macgowan & Vakharia, 2012).
Tools and methods for developing solutions to problems
There are certain important strategies which should be taken into account for developing solutions to problems of Timbacourt. The strategies are based on-
- Mathematics: Here at this part of strategy building, algorithm is the most significant tool. Algorithm is the approach which can’t be overlooked in case of development of tools related to the solutions of problematic issues. Arithmetical procedures are quite famous while thinking about algorithm. Perfect results can be expected while utilizing algorithm for formulating solutions for a certain problem (Briscoe & Kellogg, 2011). However, the visionaries of the organisations often are not sure about the 100% effectiveness of algorithm. The process is quite popular for the reason that it provides the most favourable standards with the help of which the arising problems can be solved optimistically (Goetsch & Davis, 2014). On the other hand, it is a time-consuming method and in many cases, it has been noticed that algorithm is not effective as it is unrelated to the evolving situation. For instance- it is quite clear that algorithm is based on numbers and all the problematic issues related to the organisation are not always linked with numbers.
- Heuristics: It is a problem solving approach that is based on work experience. Learning along with discovering the facts related to the current problems are the techniques that are used in this kind of strategy formulation. This technique might not 100% effective for all the situations as the technique is based on psychological details (Ibarraran et al., 2014). However, certain problematic issues that continue to arise due to a constant method attributable to diverse elements related to the organisation can be explained and resolved with the use of this particular technique.
- Trial and Error: In case of the specific problematic situations, in which the numbers are not function and are different from one another, Trial & Error method is found to be effective for solving the problems. It is an alternative technique which is used only when any of the alternative technique is not useful.
An appropriate strategy for resolving a particular problem
Four fundamental strategies are there with the help of which resolving a particular problem can be done.
- 1st Step: Understanding the problem: According to Burris, for solving a specific problem, understanding the problem is the basic approach. Here, understanding the problem reflects the concept of recognising the problem type as well as complexity and profundity of it. So, basically in this step the problem is recognised along with its type (Strickland et al., 2013).
- 2nd Step: Creating a plan: Setting a proper plan for problem resolution is the second step. To decide what should be done at this circumstance is the process called planning. After identification of the problem with clear-cut understanding of its gravity and discovering the type at the previous step, certain tools as well as techniques are developed in support of solving the particular problem. Along with this approach, other alternative techniques should also be developed for any sort of contingency situation.
- 3rd Step: Implementation: At this particular step, the highly authorised persons or the figure-heads of the organisation give the order of implementing the plan which has been set at the second step. Among all the proposed alternatives, the most appropriate alternative in line with the current situation of problematic issues should be considered first (Strickland et al., 2013). It is because, with the implementation of the corresponding technique, the most favourable and expected profitability can be gained looking at the seriousness of the situation.
- 4th Step: Evaluation: At this step, all the above-mentioned three steps are methodically checked on the basis of their problem solving competences. After that, when the results of the scenario come to the view, it is made sure at this step that no defect is there associated with the previous steps, as it could create further problems for the organisation in future if any kind of defect which is identified, suitable reason for the defect should be discovered (Larson & Gray, 2014).
The potential impact on the business of implementing the strategy
With the above-mentioned approaches, the most favourable impact for Timbacourt will be that the output of the company will stay secured and the organisation can easily face the similar kind of situation in future. After implementing all the strategies, it has been perceived in various high-flying organisations that organisational behaviour, motivational factors, performance of the employees, communication channels of the firms etc. get improved to a greater extent (Witney & Smallbone, 2011). With the approaches of problem solving strategies, not only the problematic issues can be resolved but also the forthcoming problems which have not reached yet can also be discovered with a little more effort. Teamwork is another plus point which can be profoundly studied in the report. Analysis of the team dynamics of Timbacourt along with the various tools and techniques for the development of performance of the team group another positive impact of implementation of these strategies.
All the employees in an organisational environment are not similar by nature so as their needs. Hence, it the responsibility of the superiors to find out the individual needs especially in case of the lower level staffs as they play a vital role towards achieving sustainable development and effective output for the organisation (Ibarraran et al., 2014). Motivated employees reflect higher level of dedication that determines the performance of a firm and its reputation. With successful teamwork, the organisational goals and objectives can be achieved within a least possible period of time span and it also supports the decentralisation policy of the industry. Alternative ways of problem-solving abilities along with inclination towards shared goals and effective time-management as well as solutions in accordance with work-based problems and many more other benefits for the ultimate kind of progress related to the firm are the outcomes of this particular report of Timbacourt which is based on the subject of employability skills.
Acemoglu, D., & Autor, D. (2011). Skills, tasks and technologies: Implications for employment and earnings. Handbook of labour economics, 4, 1043-1171.
Bowie, C. R., McGurk, S. R., Mausbach, B., Patterson, T. L., & Harvey, P. D. (2012). Combined cognitive remediation and functional skills training for schizophrenia: effects on cognition, functional competence, and real-world behaviour. American Journal of Psychiatry, 169(7), 710-718.
Briscoe, F., & Kellogg, K. C. (2011). The Initial Assignment Effect Local Employer Practices and Positive Career Outcomes for Work-Family Program Users. American Sociological Review, 76(2), 291-319.
Caligiuri, P., Mencin, A., & Jiang, K. (2013). Win–win–win: The influence of company?sponsored volunteerism programs on employees, NGOs, and business units. Personnel Psychology, 66(4), 825-860.
Goetsch, D. L., & Davis, S. B. (2014). Quality management for organizational excellence.