Delivery in day(s): 5
Unit 11 Research Project Assignment - Aldi Supermarket
Research study is processed for the purpose of extracting effective set of information. this Unit 11 Research Project Assignment Aldi Supermarket is processed in order to make evaluation of the impact of marketing strategies and practices over consumer products. For supermarkets it becomes important to follow adequate marketing strategy in order to promote their products as well as increase the market share. Customers get adequate information or knowledge about the product with the help of marketing. There are different kinds of marketing strategies are available and Aldi supermarket makes use of their favourable marketing strategy (Kesselheim, et. al., 2011).
1.1 Formulate and record possible research project outline specifications
Select a research topic: Aldi Supermarket – Impacts of Marketing Practices and Strategies on Consumer Products
1.2 Identify the factors that contribute to the process of research project selection
There are various factors make contribution in the process of research project selections such as: -
- Impact of marketing on sales.
- Customers get adequate level of information with the effect of marketing
- Marketing practices helps in sustaining competitive advantage
- Marketing strategies helps in promoting product within the market.
- Market share get increased with the effect of adequate marketing practices.
- Marketing helps in making customers aware about the product
- Need and requirement of marketing in order to promote the product within the market.
- Customers also demand for effective marketing so that they get adequate level of information with the help of it.
- Effective marketing help them in attracting number of new customers as well (Kesselheim, et. al., 2011).
1.3 Undertake a critical review of key references
There are various key references are available which get discussed below such as: -
- Area of project title: The title is focused over the impact of marketing practices and strategies.
- Relevant literature: This study focuses over the marketing strategies and practices. Marketing helps in making customers aware about the availability of products along with its feature (Dodds, 2015).
- Methodology: Different methods get utilised for the purpose of data collection and its analysis. It helps in processing the research study into a systematic manner.
- Limitations: Limitation means barriers that hamper the research study and affect the outcomes. The results attained with the effect of limitation didn’t render desired values (Mackey & Gass, 2015).
- Action plan & Research planning: Action plan is the set of activities in systematic manner which must get processed accordingly in order to complete it well on time and render effective set of information from it.
- Analysis: Gathered data must get analysed in effective manner so that effective set of information is extracted from it (Mackey & Gass, 2015).
- Findings and Conclusion: Findings is the analysis of the all gathered information from the primary as well as secondary sources. All the information get analysed and concluded in order to evaluate whether the research study is completed successfully or not.
- Bibliography: It is the source of information from where data is gathered and utilised in order to make in citations to make the research study ethical.
- Presentation: Data gathered must get represented in the form of tables and graphs as it represent the gathered information in effective manner (Mackey & Gass, 2015).
1.4 Produce a research project specification
- Project title: “Aldi Supermarket: Impacts of Marketing practices and Strategy on Consumer product”
- Summary: Aldi Supermarket is leading global supermarket chain having 10,000 stores and working in 18 different countries. They are dealing in the consumer products such as food, beverages, sanitary articles, toilet papers and other household products. They adopt effective marketing strategies in order to promote their consumer products within their respective target market. For this purpose they chose adequate marketing strategy so that they aware their targeted customers in order to promote their product (Sun, 2014).
- Introduction: Aldi supermarket is dealing in the consumer products and attaining a leading position in the market. They make effective sales with the help of their effective marketing strategies and practices as they make their customers aware about their products with the use of it. They chose adequate marketing strategy for the purpose of performing marketing practices and promote their product within their respective market (Sun, 2014).
- Problem statement: The statement of problem is to make evaluation of the impact of marketing practices and strategies over consumer products (Sun, 2014).
- Research Aim & objectives: Every research study having some aim which help in directing the research study to get processed in systematic manner. In the same manner this research study is also having aim of evaluating the impact of marketing practices and strategies over the consumer product of Aldi supermarket (Browne, et. al., 2014). In order to achieve this aim there are few objectives need to be achieved such as:
- Evaluate the benefits rendered by the marketing practices to Aldi supermarket?
- Evaluate the impact of marketing over consumers?
- Significance: This research study helps in knowing about the benefits and impact of the marketing for the supermarket as well as for the customers also. This study is focused over the need of the marketing in the supermarket. For supermarket management it is very important to select the adequate marketing strategy in order to promote their product in their respective market. they follow adequate marketing strategy in order to make their customers understand about their products and get aware (Browne, et. al., 2014).
- Literature review: Marketing is the process of building adequate level of communication among company and their customers. It get utilised in order to increase the brand value and helps in raising the company value as well as products in the mind of their respective customers.
In order words marketing is such activities or set of institutions that process or create communication in order to deliver or exchange the offerings that can be valued by the customers, markets or society. There are different techniques get utilised in marketing such as target market, market segmentation and consumer behaviour (Vásquez & Escamilla, 2014).
Marketing models: - 4 P’s
- Price: - It is the value of product on which it gets purchased by the customers for the purpose of consumption so that it is important to make it reasonable.
- Place: - It is the important factor of marketing as company chose adequate place for the purpose of marketing so that they easily target number of customers and make them aware in effective manner.
- Promotion: - There is effective need of promoting the product in the market so that customers get aware about them and make adequate level of purchases of it. Effective promotional activity is required in order to make promotion of the product (Vásquez & Escamilla, 2014).
- Product: - Organisation make introduction of new products on regular basis so that they remain competitive in market. Product is the item which gets sold in order to make sales and earn revenues.
There are various factors that put influence over marketing strategies such as: -
- Political: - There are various factors get included under it such as corruption, freedom of speech, bureaucracy and other limitations or opportunities put adequate impact over the marketing strategies.
- Economical: - Due to the change in the economic conditions such as inflation or recession, deficit, etc. lead to put direct and adverse impact over marketing activities. Management need to make re-evaluation of the strategies (Vásquez & Escamilla, 2014).
- Social: - With the change in the taste and preferences as well as change in behaviour and beliefs of the society put direct impact over the marketing strategies and need to be changed accordingly.
- Technological: - There is rapid change is noted down in the technological field and with this effect there is effective need of remain updated with advanced technology so that they utilise it in adequate manner (Vásquez & Escamilla, 2014).
- Legal: - The rules and regulation or advertising and contracrt law imposed by the government put effective level of impact over the marketing strategies as company need to follow them in effective manner otherwise they face legal actions against them.
- Environmental: - While marketing organisation must need to take care of the environment as they didn’t harm the environment with their marketing activities. During marketing practices there is effective need of following environmental laws or rules and regulations in order to avoid legal consequences (Jiang & Ling, 2011).
- Competition: There are various competitors are available in the market and their marketing practices and strategies effectively influence their marketing strategies (Jiang & Ling, 2011).
Benefits of marketing:
- It helps in making customers aware about the product
- It helps in sharing the information related to the product with their customers.
- It helps in increase in sales
- It helps in revenue earning capacity of the organisation
- It helps in increase in their profitability
- It leads to increase in the loyal customer base.
- It helps in promoting their product in their respective market.
- It helps in sustaining their competitive advantage among their competitors (Jiang & Ling, 2011).
There are different methods and techniques get utilised in order to process the research study and get desired outcomes from it (Noble & Bestley, 2011).
- Research methods: Different set of methods are available in order to make data collection from different sources such as mono methods (qualitative or quantitative one approach from these two get utilised), mix method (effective combination of both approaches get utilised) and multi method (both approaches get utilised for data collection).
- Data collection: Data is gathered by conducting survey program with the use of the questionnaire. Questionnaire is utilised because it didn’t impose liability to share their comments (Noble & Bestley, 2011).
- Ethical Consideration: The gathered and use data must be referenced and in-cited properly so that it maintain adequate level of ethics. The data utilised must be transparent and get utilised by anyone. The information utilised in it must be original and it can’t be modified as per the required or fulfilling the need.
- Limitations: Limitations make inclusion of various factors such as time period (which is limited), finance (which is also limited), other sources (limited in nature), approvals or permissions and many more. These factors put effective impact over the research study and hamper the outcome of research study (Habib, et. al., 2014).
- Overcome limitations: There are effective measures in order to overcome from these limitations such as for making adequate use of time prepare action plan and process all activities accordingly. Took the permission or approvals well in advance in written document so that it get utilised at the time of requirement and last make use of easy and simple methods in order to make effective utilisation of available resources (Kumar, 2014).
1.5 Provide an appropriate plan and procedures for the agreed research specification
Time required in weeks
Perform ground research and select adequate research topic.
Perform all necessary activities such as targeting, documentation and getting approvals.
Gather data, arrange properly and make analysis of it.
Present data and make effective report out of it.
Make conclusion, recommend and submit it to authorised body.
2.1 Match resources efficiently to the research question or hypothesis
Research questions: The set of research questions is prepared in order to make extraction of required set of information. Below are research questions such as: -
- Is marketing strategies helps in increasing awareness among customers?
- Is sales get increase with the effect of the marketing strategies?
- Is company as well as customers get impacted positively with the effect of marketing strategies? (Obonyo, 2013)
2.2 Undertake the proposed research investigation in accordance with the agreed specification and procedures
There are two different kind of data are available in the market which gets utilised for the purpose of supporting research study such as:
- Primary data: The set of data gathered first time from the market with the help of questionnaire or interviews or any other methods. This data is fully raw and can’t be utilised directly for the purpose of research study. It demands proper and effective analysis in order to make it useful. This data is gathered with the use of set of questions or questionnaires from the primary market. Due to these factors this data is termed as primary data (Obonyo, 2013). For this research study the primary source is the Aldi supermarket where they target their employees in order to gather the data for this research study (Kumar, 2014).
- Secondary data: The set of information already collected, analysed, evaluated and utilised to meet the objectives or extract adequate information in order to evaluate measures. This data is not raw and having adequate quality information in it and due to these factors this get termed as secondary data. There are lot many sources available in order to gather the secondary information such as books, journals, articles, reports and information available on websites.
For this research study adequate sources get utilised such as websites, journals, articles and many more (Kumar, 2014).
2.3 Record and collate relevant data where appropriate
Research study required some set of information for the purpose of evaluating and extracting adequate set of information. For this purpose researcher conduct survey program and gather data but the gathered data is in huge quantity and due to the lack of time period it is not possible to make analysis of whole information.
Sampling: The method of extracting sample from the gathered data is termed as sampling. In this research project simple random sampling method is utilised by the researcher in order to take out sample from the gathered data. For the purpose of data collection researcher make use of questionnaire in order to conduct the survey program. With this effect huge data is gathered for the analysis purpose. But due to huge quantity there is requirement of taking out adequate size of sample so that proper and effective analysis is made in order to extract the required information (Kumar, 2014). Below is the questionnaire prepared for the purpose of conducting survey program such as: -
Name of respondent:
Brand name influences the sales of Aldi supermarkets
Aldi supermarkets render variety of products in order to meet out their customer’s needs.
Prices of products are reasonable
Products effectively target customers with the help of distribution channels
Marketing helps in promoting their products.
Marketing make their customers aware about their products.
There is no impact put over the sales of Aldi supermarkets with the effect of marketing.
Promotional activities are the part of marketing helps in promoting their product within their market.
Customers didn’t get aware about their products even after marketing activities.
With the help of effective marketing strategies they become effective in order to improve their sales.
3.1 Use appropriate research evaluation techniques
There are various research evaluation techniques are available in order to make evaluation of the data gathered. Researcher makes use of favourable evaluation technique in order to make analysis of gathered data to take out adequate set of information. Below are some techniques getting discussed such as: -
- Systematic peer review: Peers are consults in order to gather the information from them in the form of their review and comments. This technique requires number of humans as they help out in getting reviews and making analysis over it in order to extract adequate level of information from it (Kumar, 2014).
- Evaluation of Surveys: When researcher makes use of survey program for the purpose of gathering data then this technique get utilised in adequate manner in order to analyse the gathered data. This technique didn’t require number of humans as the information gathered is restricted to a specific limit due to the limit number of questions. Limited questions get asked from the target market in order to gather information.
- Biblio-metric analysis: The information available among the articles, reports, journals or over websites get analysed for the purpose of extracting the required information in adequate manner. Researcher makes use of these sources in order to get the required information as well as analyse it in adequate manner (Kumar, 2014).
- Analysis of case studies: Numerous Case studies are available related to one topic and for extracting required and useful information out of it researcher need to make analysis of them. For this purpose huge time is required so that adequate analysis is made over the case study and also able to get the required set of useful information in order to support the research study.
For this research study research make use of survey program to gather the information and due to this effect survey evaluation technique is preferred in order to make analysis of the information. Some information also gathered from the websites so that Biblio-metric analysis technique also get utilised for making analysis of the data gathered (Kuada, 2012).
3.2 Interpret and analyse the results in terms of the original research specification
The information gathered by conducting survey is analysed below. Survey is conducted over 50 employees of Aldi supermarket but due to shortage of time sample of 20 responses is taken out of it and adequate analysis is made over it such as: -
Table 1: Brand name influences the sales of Aldi supermarkets
Analysis: Majority of the responses are agreed with the statement that brand name of Aldi supermarket effectively increases the level of their sales (Bolotova & Novakovic, 2012).
Table 2: Aldi supermarkets render variety of products in order to meet out their customer’s needs.
Analysis: As per the responses made it is observed that majority of population agreed that Aldi supermarket renders lots of variety of products in order to meet out their customers’ needs and wants (Bolotova & Novakovic, 2012).
Table 3: Prices of products are reasonable
Analysis: The analysis of responses renders that majority of them are agreed with the statement that price of products rendered by Aldi supermarket are reasonable (Whyatt & Koschek, 2010).
Table 4: Products effectively target customers with the help of distribution channels
Analysis: Above stated statement is highly agreed by the respondents as they believe that with the help of effective distribution channels it become easy to target the relevant customers and render them their desired products (Whyatt & Koschek, 2010).
Table 5: Marketing helps in promoting their products.
Analysis: Majority of respondents agreed the statement that marketing of product helps in promoting it in effective manner. Product gets effectively promoted within the market with the use of marketing practices (Ball, et. al., 2011).
Table 6: Marketing make their customers aware about their products.
Analysis: This statement is highly agreed by the respondents as they believe that in marketing Aldi supermarket share the features of the product and this activity help them in getting adequate level of information related to the product (Ball, et. al., 2011).
Table 7: There is no impact put over the sales of Aldi supermarkets with the effect of marketing.
Analysis: Majority of the responses are made in the against of the statement which means that marketing practices put adequate level of impact over the sales of Aldi supermarket as it helps in increasing the ratio of their sales (Gonzalez-Lafaysse & Lapassouse-Madrid, 2016).
Table 8: Promotional activities are the part of marketing helps in promoting their product within their market.
Analysis: Above statement is fully agreed by the respondents that marketing activities make inclusion of promotional activities which help them in promoting their product and increasing their sales in adequate manner (Gonzalez-Lafaysse & Lapassouse-Madrid, 2016).
Table 9: Customers didn’t get aware about their products even after marketing activities.
Analysis: This statement is highly disagreed by the respondents as marketing activities effectively help them out in order to promote their product and with this effect customers get to know about the features of products (Harris, et. al., 2010).
Table 10: With the help of effective marketing strategies they effectively improve their sales.
Analysis: This statement is fully agreed by the respondents as they believe that with the help of the effective marketing strategies they make their customers aware about their product that results into increase in their overall sales (Harris, et. al., 2010).
Data gathered from the secondary sources and below is the analysis such as: -
Figure 1: Increase in the market share of Aldi supermarket.
Analysis: As per the above figure it is clearly observed that from the year 2006 there is effective increment is noted down in the market share of Aldi and now they are attaining third position after Woolworth’s group and Cole’s group. In the year 2006 they attain 3.1% of the market share but as the time passes there is effective increment is noted down in their growth and in the year 2015 their market share get increased to 11.6% (Thiene, et. al., 2013).
Figure 2: Loyalty index of Primary Grocer.
Analysis: According to the above figure it is clearly observed that there is also effective increase in the base of loyal customers. They attain third position after Waitrose and MARKS SPENCER with the adequate share of 61% loyal customers. In the past few years they become more effective and there is adequate increase in the number of loyal customers as compare to their competitors such as ASDA, TESCO, Sainsbury’s and others (Solnik, 2011).
3.3 Make recommendations in their research and link to research findings and justify areas for further consideration
Discussion: Effective information is gathered from the market and with the use of that information the set research questions get answered in effective manner. below are the answers of the research questions such as: -
Is marketing strategies helps in increasing awareness among customers?
With the help of the gathered information it is clearly observed that customers get aware about the products due to the effective marketing strategies. With the help of marketing Aldi supermarket is able to share information with their respective customers and render them adequate information related to their product (Solnik, 2011).
Is sales get increase with the effect of the marketing strategies?
Yes with the effect of the marketing strategies there is effective increase in the sales. With the use of marketing planning more customers get aware about the product and due to this effect more customers make purchases. Marketing effectively helps in increasing their sales ratio (Fifield, 2012).
Is company as well as customers get impacted positively with the effect of marketing strategies?
Yes both customers as well as company (Aldi) get benefited with the effect of marketing strategies as there is effective increase in their market share as well as in their profitability. Customers get to know about their new products and their features in effective manner which help them in making comparison among two substitute products and chose best out of it (Fifield, 2012).
Recommendations: There are few recommendations are made which get extracted from the information gathered such as:
- Marketing is the continuous process so Aldi need to make marketing for their products and services in effective manner.
- Aldi need to focus over customers needs and wants in order to increase their market share.
- Aldi need to emphasis over the effective marketing strategy in order to perform marketing practices.
- Aldi target the consumers for their marketing in order to make them aware about their consumer products.
- As the time changes they need to introduce innovative ways to promote their product.
- For marketing purpose they need to follow all available measures such as offline marketing as well as online marketing.
- They also make use of their store walls in order to promote their product by pasting wallpaper or poster over it in order to make their customers aware about it (Fifield, 2012).
Future consideration: In order to process the research study further there are various ways where emphasis can be put such as impact of the marketing strategies over the sales ratio of Aldi supermarket (Fifield, 2012).
4.1 Use an agreed format and appropriate media to present the outcomes of the research to an audience
Ball, K., McNaughton, S.A., Mhurchu, C.N., Andrianopoulos, N., Inglis, V., McNeilly, B., Le, H.N.D., Leslie, D., Pollard, C. & Crawford, D. 2011, "Supermarket Healthy Eating for Life (SHELf): protocol of a randomised controlled trial promoting healthy food and beverage consumption through price reduction and skill-building strategies", BMC public health, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 715-715.
Bolotova, Y.V. & Novakovic, A.M. 2012, "The Impact of the New York State Milk Price Gouging Law on the Price Transmission Process and Supermarket Pricing Strategies in the Fluid Whole Milk Market", Agribusiness, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 377-399.
Browne, S., Sharkey-Scott, P., Mangematin, V., Lawlor, K. & Cuddihy, L. 2014, "Adapting a book to make a film: how strategy is adapted through professional practices of marketing middle managers", Journal of Marketing Management, vol. 30, no. 9-10, pp. 949-973.
Dodds, M.A. 2015, "Foreign Corrupt Practices Act cases impact sport marketing strategies", Sport Marketing Quarterly, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 258.
Fifield, P. 2012;1998;, Marketing Strategy, 2nd;2; edn, Taylor and Francis, Saint Louis.
Gonzalez-Lafaysse, L. & Lapassouse-Madrid, C. 2016, "Facebook and sustainable development: a case study of a French supermarket chain", International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, vol. 44, no. 5, pp. 560-582.
Habib, M., Pathik, B.B. & Maryam, H. 2014, Research methodology - contemporary practices: guidelines for academic researchers, 1st edn, Cambridge Scholars Publishing, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
Harris, J.L., Schwartz, M.B. & Brownell, K.D. 2010, "Marketing foods to children and adolescents: licensed characters and other promotions on packaged foods in the supermarket", Public Health Nutrition, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 409-417.
Unit 11 Research Project Assignment Aldi Supermarket is processed in order to make evaluation of the impact of marketing strategies and practices over consumer products, Locus Assignment Help in UK posting units solutions so scholars can explore assignment help and get review the quality of our work.