Delivery in day(s): 5
Unit 4 Assignment on Research Project - Ryanair Airline
Diploma in Travel and Tourism
Unit Number and Title
Unit 4 Research Project - Ryanair Airline
In the present era of economic of the world and sophistication of technology business activities are becoming complex and providing utmost variety of opportunities to the entrepreneurs so that they can effectively offer the best course of actions to clients.This unit 4 assignment on research project - Ryanair Airline is prepared to identify the valuable data of clients and their choice of action from the offering of Ryan air Airline Company. Tours and travel business is the most valuable industry which is growing at very high rate with the ramification of changing factors of the world of Ryan air Airline Company. Apart from that Ryan air Airline Company is an Irish low- cost airline company having its headquarter in Swords, Dublin, Ireland with a view to provide the best services to the clients all over the world.
1.1. Formulate and record possible research project outline specifications?
Title – Clients satisfaction inRyan air Airline Company
Tours and travel business is comprised of services related to tours and travel to clients such as airlines, car rentals cruise lines, accommodation services and further more. With the increasing clients needs and demand it is observed that competition in this business sectors has become very high. Ryan air Airline Company has been offering airlines services to the visitors and have come up with the cost leadership strategies in order to grebe more potential clients from all over the world. Ryan air Airline Company is Low cost airline having business all over the world and operates 350 Boeing 737- 800 aircraft. The airline has been emerged as intent of rapid expansion, or results of deregulation of the aviation industry. But on the other hand with this changes company has been finding different demand and choices of clients from all over the word and has been making its product and services customized for the better satisfaction of clients.
Aim- The main objective and goal is to identify the possible choice of actions of clients from the airlines services and develop the most effective strategic plan for the sustainable development of Ryan air Airline Company.
- The main objective of this research project are given as following
- Identify clients needs and demand
- Rivals offering in current market segment
- To understand the best suitable course of action to grab more market share
- Developing an effective strategic plan for better and sophisticated products and services offering the market.
- To satisfy the clients in better and determined approach.
1.2 Identify the factors that contribute to the process of research project selection?
Tours and travelbusiness is accompanied with several set of activities. In this project there will be complete level of identification of all relevant factors of the products and services offering of Ryan air Airline Company. This organization has been providing airlines services at very low cost with a view to encourage low income people to take reap of globalised world. There are various factors that have contributed in the process of research project section.
- The growing business competition of BMI airline industry and their customized services offering to clients.
- Ramification of changing needs and demand of clients from the Airlines services.
- Globalised economy and deregulation of aviation industry.
- Sophistication in the technology and services offered by other rivals in the Airlines industry.
- Customer’s satisfaction and other economical influential factors on their satisfaction level.
- Plans and procedure to develop an effective strategic plans and tactical decision for the betterment of Airlines services.
1.3 Undertake a critical review of key references about ‘customer satisfaction’ and ‘influential factors on customer satisfaction?
Ryan air Airline Company has been offering airlines services since very long time and in order to grab more market share and increase the sustainability of business several strategic plans and procedures are being developed by the company. In the given scenario it is being give that Airlines industry is flooded with the low cost number of passengers and carried low cost budget airlines. These low cost budget airlines services are offered by several organizations such as Easy Jet, seaways, Are Lings and further more. Therefore with a view to grab more market share and gaining more momentum with the fierce competition Ryan air Airline Company has been considering the several key references about the customer satisfaction and other influential factors for the better understanding of clients. With the help of qualitative data which are specific and clear in nature collected from several ways such as the seminars, door to door visit, other feedback forms Ryan air Airline Company come to know about the students choice of action and what budget of airlines services they appreciate from the organization. In addition to this quantitative data provides all clients needs and demand as per their choice of action with the airlines services in context with their comfort, budget, their likes and dislikes. Internet and journal books provide the general need of clients with the current offering of Ryan air Airline Company. There are given critical review as below.
- Irish route is flooded with high cost airlines services and in order to grab potential low budget clients Ryan air Airline Company considers lost cost budget airlines services.
- Low cost and better effective factors are key factors for development of international tourism.
- Clients’ inclination toward Tours and travel `services and increasing needs and demand.
- Diversity of client choice of action with respect to budgeted airlines and other ancillary services at large.
- Changes in the airlines services as per the sophistication of technology.
- Lower down the cost of airlines services by increasing the turnover.
1.4 Produce a research project specification?
Research project specification is accompanied with several questions and which are used to identify the various factors and identified view point of the subjective matter for the better development of view points of the user. In this research project Airlines services of Ryan air Airline Company have been taken into consideration and several research project specifications are used to identify the student satisfaction with the airlines services offered by Ryan air Airline Company.
- Customer satisfaction in airlines services offered by Ryan air Airline Company
Background and importance of the research program
This research program has been developed with a view to identity the students needs and demand in determined approach. In addition to this Ryan air Airline Company need to identify student’s choice of action and their increasing demand from the international marketing of tourism. There are various intents which are taken into consideration by the student of UKBC such as budgeted airlines services and other complimentary offering by Ryan air Airline Company.
Research aim- The main aim of this research to gather the required information of student of UKBC and their perception in context with airlines services offered in international tourism business. Research objective of this research project is to identify the students’ needs and their choice of actions with the offered services in the market. There is other objective given as below.
- To identify the factors of students satisfaction with the airlines services
- To analysis the budgets airlines services offered and changes required to grab more clients.
Research questions- These questions are accompanied with several questions which depicts the valuable information of the UKBC student’s choice of action with the airlines services. It also provides data regarding how Ryan air Airline Company could come up with effective airlines offering at large.
- What are the valuable factors that play an important role in the satisfaction level of clients?
- How are the valuable measure adopted by the airlines organization to come up with cost effective airlines services?
- How Airlines services could be made better for the complete level of satisfaction of clients?
Literature review- Ryan air Airline Company has been offering its airlines services with a view to become the largest international player offering lowest cost airlines services all over the world. For providing best course of services Ryan air Airline Company has been making consistent efforts by lower down the cost of airfare and adding other complementary offers to clients at large. Student of UKBC has been taken into consideration for the better understanding of youth choices with the airlines services and what kind of services they expects from the Aviation industry. There are various factors are taken into consideration by Ryan air Airline Company for better understanding of clients perception and their view with the budget air services (Meyer, et. AL., 2014). There are several factors which affect the customer’s satisfaction in airlines services
- Quality of the services offered
- Policies and regulation of Aviation industry
- Staffs behavior
- Offers and coupons to book flights
- Timely departure and arrivals of flights
Research philosophy- This is comprised of clear view point of increasing role of budgets air services and how effectively it helps Ryan air Airline Company to grab more market share at large. Low budget air services offered by Ryan air Airline Company assist in exploring new potential clients in today’s world and make enthusiasm in clients to indulge in air services offered.
Research design and methodology
- Introduction- This part of research report assists Ryan air Airline Company in collecting valuable data and identify the clear view points of UKBC students in determined manner. It helps company to evaluate UKBC student demand and need with particular lower budget air fare services. Sample methodology is the best suitable choice which is used by Ryan air Airline Company for identifying the needs of cost effective strategic plan.
- Research design- Ryan air Airline Company has used several quantitative and qualitative data to evaluate the UKBC students’ perception with the lowest budget air services. In addition to this several primary data sources such as meeting, confrontation with clients, seminars and with secondary data such as magazines, official gazettes, and newspaper have helped organization to identify the several needs and demand of student from the services offered by Ryan air Airline Company (Dignam, et. Al., 2013).
- Data collection- The collected data with the help of primary and secondary sources has assisted Ryan air Airline Company to identify the changing need and students’ expectation from the organization.
- Limitation- The only limitation of data collection is that some data are collected with the assistance of sample technique. In addition to this it is also observed that clients perception change with the changes in the sophistication of environment (Vashisht, et. Al., 2015).
- Ethical consideration- All the data collected has been used with a view to consider all the ethical and legal matters in determined approach.
1.5 Provide an appropriate plan and procedures for the agreed research specification?
Action plan- This gives the clear idea about the time duration an horizon require to complete the determined tasks or taken project and involved in developing a effective use of time (Garcia, et. Al., . 2011).
Preparations of plan for gathering data
Uses of Primary and secondary resources
Conducting research on identifying the UKBC students choice of action
Implementation of plan
Identify the possible choice of actions of students
Establishment of right Airfare for clients
Gantt chart for completion of research project
2.1 Match resources efficiently to the research question or hypothesis?
Matching the resources efficiently to the research questions and hypothesis helps organization to evaluate several aspects of the clients and their reciprocate behavior. Ryan air Airline Company has been using several strategic techniques and tools for the betterment of the airlines services. By using primary and secondary data collection Sources Company has identified that clients are most indulge in getting cost effective strategies. In addition to this company has been using several question and tools to identify the most suitable course of action for evaluating market behavior and rivals offering in the given market segment. Students of UKBC have been taken into consideration for developing an effective idea about the client’s needs and how Ryan air Airline Company could increase its turnover in determine approach. With the given analysis or by collection of data from several sources it is being observed that average people of U.K are more inclined to budgeted flights and less likely to invest their money on luxurious flights. There are given several research questions as fellow (Habib, et, Al., 2014,).
- Ryan air Airline Company offering its airlines services at very low cost that will results into bad effect on its brand image.
- Students of UKBC may be disturbing other client in the flight if they are allowed to use flight at very low cost.
Hypothesis and assumption
This will comprised of several questionnaire of the Ryan air Airline Company airlines offering services.
Question -1 How Ryan air Airline Company can make its services customized in the given time span?
Answer- By understanding the client’s choice of action and their expectation from the airlines offering services.
Question-2 What budget range of flights clients wants from Ryan air Airline Company to initiate?
Answer- This should be within the budget of lower income person as well so that they could also take reap of international destination
Question-3 How Company could increase the effectiveness of the services offered in industry?
Answer- By using two strategic plans Ryan air Airline Company could develop the effectiveness
- Cost leadership
- Product differentiation
Question-4 What is the impact of customer satisfaction over the performance of Ryan air Airline Company?
Answer- Customer satisfaction has been viewed as students’ perception with the offered services by Ryan air Airline Company. It is observed that students are very much inclined toward the budgeted services offering consisted with low fair (Crane & Matten, 2016).
Question- 5 What is the relationship between the customer satisfaction and growth of business?
Ryan air Airline Company in order to make sustainable growth needs to establish nexus between company’s growths with the customer’s satisfaction at large. Customer’s satisfaction is related with low cost budgeted offering and it will also increase the organization turnover at large.
Outcome of hypothesis- This is resulted into development of effective use of human resources such as management department and other policies maker in the establishment of effective tours and travel packages for the clients. In addition to this company could increase its turnover by lowering down the cost of fair charges in determined approach.
2.2 Undertake the proposed research investigation in accordance with the agreed specification and procedures?
The research project on the client’s satisfaction of Ryan air Airline Company has been taken into consideration for effectively increase the turnover and grabbing more market share. There are several data have been collected by Ryan air Airline Company for developing an effective mechanism. There are several questions could be asked from the students of UKBC in order to identify the possible changes which is need to be made in the functioning of Ryan air Airline Company (Please see the appendix for the Questionnaire).
2.3. Record and collate required data. Record the collected data from participants in the form of a table that shows responses briefly.
- Primary data- Ryan air Airline Company has collected this data from seminars, direct confrontation with clients, questioner and meetings at the business spot. This data are qualitative in nature and provides clear view points of student of UKBC about their choice of action with their particular budget. In addition to this Ryan air Airline Company could use this data to come up with several strategic plan for the betterment of airlines services in the given market segment.
- Secondary data- These data are secondary in nature and has been collected from several sources such as magazines, newspaper, official gazettes and further more. Ryan air Airline Company has been using this quantitative data in order to make its services more clients orientated and sophisticated with the changing environment (Tchuem, et. Al., 2011).
3.1 Use appropriate ‘research evaluation techniques’. Which types of evaluation (formative or summative) is more appropriate for your research? Why?
There are several research evaluation techniques which could be used by Ryan air Airline Company for identifying the core factors of the customer’s satisfaction (Crane,et. al., 2016).
- Systematic peer review – It is very time consuming approach to evaluate the research report. As in this technique top management get indulge in identifying the core factors of the clients satisfaction.
- Survey and consultants- This is used to identify the real output of the data collection process and helps Ryan air Airline Company to evaluate the main objective of the research program.
- Bibiometric analysis- This analysis helps organization to evaluate the efficiency of the data and determine the quality of the data collected by Ryan air Airline Company in context with client’s choice of actions (Dawson, 2010).
- Case study analysis- This evaluation technique is broadly accepted and observed as a best suitable course which helps Ryan air Airline Company to identify the future potentials and global trends in aviation industry at large.
This following technique has been used to gather relevant information from the students of UKBC. Their views, perceptions, effectiveness of works, experiences and their choice of action are taken into consideration for the better development of organization. A narrow focused survey is used to specifically answer the questions and hypothesis test.
3.2 Interpret and analyze the results in terms of the original research specification by using ‘Frequency’ and/or ‘Percentage’ calculations.
Table-1 Impact of customer satisfaction over the performance of Ryan air Airline Company is both on the same side
Table-2 Budget range of flights clients wants from Ryan air Airline Company to initiate
Table- 3 Student agree with the changes in the cost of the Air Fair (Yalçin, et. Al., 2010).
Analysis – This information depicts that more that 80 % student of UKBC is agreed with the offered cost effective series by Ryan air Airline Company. Only step company need to do right now is to evaluate the performance and its quality aspects in context with the client’s choice of actions (Axford, & Huggins, . 2011).
Table-4 Reason student uses Airlines from Ryan air Airline Company
Exploring new places
3.3 Make recommendations and justify areas for further consideration customer satisfaction in easy Jet or Ryan air.
- A majority of the student of UKBC has depicted that Ryan air Airline Company has been showcasing that
- Students are offered several discounts and other coupon codes by other compotators in the market which are used while booking flights
- Student is more inclined toward the sophistication of services offered in the market in context with airline services
- Students satisfaction is related with cost effective strategy and finds less indulge in costly fairs charge.
- Students are grabbing offers and coupon codes more speedily then other respondent in the given market segment.
- Company is facing problems of 70 % cases late departure and arrivals at the port.
- Ryan air Airline Company is being indulged in making effective cost leadership plan in its airlines services offering.
Recommendation- With the complete research program it is depicted that Ryan air Airline Company needs to lower down its fair charges in determined manner and needs to provide several offers to clients. In addition to this quality of the airlines services need to be managed accordingly in context with the sophistication of technology. It is advisable for the Ryan air Airline Company to set up cost differently to different segment of groups. However, this technique will results into a small trouble but eventually company will find anonymous amount of increment in its sales turnover throughout the time. Apart from that company needs to rectify the problems which are faced by organization such as late departure and arrivals, no refund at the time of cancellation and further more.
Use an agreed format and appropriate media to present the outcomes of the research to an audience?
Ryan air Airline Company has been selected in this research project to identify the valuable effective use of different set of parts of this research project in determined manner. Several parts and segments of this research project focus on imperative factors and valuable strategic decision. Now in order to conclude this report final words would be that company needs to make effective choice of actions to develop qualitative services in the given market segment.
Axford, B. & Huggins, M.R. 2011,Cultures and / of Globalization, 1st edn, Cambridge Scholars Publishing, GB.
Berry, C. 2011, Globalisation and Ideology in Britain: Neoliberalism, Free Trade and the Global Economy, Manchester University Press, US
Crane, A. & Matten, D. 2016,Business ethics: managing corporate citizenship and sustainability in the age of globalization, Fourth edn, Oxford University Press, Oxford.Dawson, C. (2010). Introduction to Research Methods: A Practical Guide for Anyone
Dignam, A. & Galanis, M. 2016;2009;2013;, The Marketing and Globalization of Corporate Governance, Routledge Ltd, Farnham.
Garcia, B.C., Chen, M. & Goodman, D.S.G. 2011, "Beyond asymmetry: cooperation, conflict and globalisation in Mexico-China relations", The Pacific Review, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 421-438.
Garfinkel, M.R., Skaperdas, S. & Syropoulos, C. 2008, "Globalization and domestic conflict", Journal of International Economics, vol. 76, no. 2, pp. 296-308.
Gomory, R. & Baumol, W.J. 2010, "Globalization: Country and company interests in conflict",Journal of Policy Modeling, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 540-555.
Habib, M., Pathik, B.B. & Maryam, H. 2014, Research methodology - contemporary practices: guidelines for academic researchers, 1st edn, Cambridge Scholars Publishing, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
Meyer, K. S., Soltwedel, T., & Bergmann, M. (2014). High biodiversity on a deep-water reef in the eastern fram strait: E105424. PLoS One, 9(8) doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0105424
Tchuem Tchuenté, L., Southgate, V. R., Combes, C., & Jourdane, J. (2011). Mating behaviour in schistosomes: Are paired worms always faithful?. England: Elsevier B.V. doi:10.1016/0169-4758(96)10020-X
Vashisht, S., & kaur, M. (2015). A novel active data filtration for the cloud based architecture against packet flooding attacks. International Journal of Modern Education and Computer Science, 7(12), 29. doi:10.5815/ijmecs.2015.12.04
Yalçin, B., Komesli, G. H., Özgök, Y., & Ozan, H. (2010). Vascular anatomy of normal and undescended testes: Surgical assessment of anastomotic channels between testicular and deferential arteries. Urology, 66(4), 854-857. doi:10.1016/j.urology.2005.04.038