Delivery in day(s): 5
Human Resource Management Assignment Help
Human resources refer to functions that are designed to maximize the performance of employees and workers according to strategic objectives. It is a process which includes hiring and developing employees through job analysis, planning personnel needs, developing training module and offering of reward for motivating staff members. The present Human Resource Management Assignment Help will explain differences between personnel and HRM management and assess the functions of human resources management that have significant impact on the organizational objectives (Aguinis, 2009). It will analyze the role and responsibility of line manager for Tesco and Premier food plc that operating business in UK region. Tesco is leading retail organization that offering quality services and products. Organization has more than 5000,000 employees who contributing in business development and delivery of services. Another food retail organization Premier food plc is listed in London Stock exchange and offering quality food and beverages to customers. Organization has more than 800 employees. In the next part HRM Assignment Help will reasons of human resources planning and evaluate the effectiveness of recruitment and selection technique of two organizations. In the next task report will analyze motivational and job evaluation and legal factors that have impacted on HRM activities of organization.
2.2 Stages involve in human resources planning
For the development of human resources management plan, HR team of Tesco and Primer food follows the below listed stages:
- Organizational objectives: In that stage, team analyze the objectives of company for future and present working process. By considering the aims, the HR team outline the human resources requirements and qualification of employees to perform the task as per the goals.
- Audit of current workforce: The line manager and supervisor conduct the audit of individual and groups to identify the issues and performance. By considering the facts and strengthen of staff member, HR team develop plan to overcome issues by implementing changes in existing approach (Bryson and Alston, 2011).
- Demand and supply forecasting:The management forecast the demand of the human resources to be needed in future for serving the organization in its operations and the present scenario of available resources which could be utilized at the time of need.
- Gap in HR: In the next stage management identify the gap in current policies and tactics of HRM and camper to original objectives of organization. This process takes long time to make decision on the HRM activity.
- Action plan: By analysing the gap, issues and strength HR team develop action plan which includes the advance and modern process of HRM to select, recruit and trained the employee as well develop quality culture at work place.
2.3 Comparison of selection and recruitment process of two organization
Selection and recruitment is major operational and administrational part of any organization that offering the project and services to customers. This process of organization takes time to analyze the job opportunities, requirements and qualification with experience. Different organizations have unlike process of selection and recruitment according to size of operations and standard that followed to meet the objectives (Cardwell, et.al. 2011). Comparison of selection and recruitment process of Tesco and Primer food plc is as follows:
Table 2: Comparison of selection and recruitment process
Primer food plc
News papers and website
Website and email
Collection of Applications
Direct at office and submit through email
Email and campuses
According to qualification and experience
Direct interview after short listing
2 level interview following group discussion
After interview performance
Considering skills and experience and internship performance
From the analysis it is been carried out that, there is big difference in the selection and recruitment process of Tesco and Primer food plc. Both operating business in UK but following different approach for selecting the candidates for performing the task according to standard of organization as well meet the satisfaction level of customers. Primer food plc has short process of selection as there are limited function and services that performed by employees. In spite of that Tesco is leading retail organization which requires highly professional employees who were good in communication, decision making and analyzing the needs of customers.
2.4 Effectiveness of selection and recruitment process of both organization
Both organizations belong to different industry and the requirements of staffing are also different in terms of skills and knowledge to meet the organizational objectives. Primer food plc is small sized food organization that has short process of selection and recruitment which is quite effective for management as it take less time and financial resources which aid organization in further planning (Balcombe.et.al. 2009). Majorly, the top management of food organization reviews the application of candidates and short listed them by experience and qualification. After that, management conducts the interviews to analyze the knowledge and skills according to job position offered to individual. This process of selection and recruitment is good for food organization as they appointed quality worker at kitchen and services departments who has knowledge about the dishes and customer handling process.
On the other hand, Tesco has adopted long process of selection and recruitment of new candidates. According to analysis of their selection process, it is being considered that HR department of organization is more concern about the knowledge and communication and decision making skills of individual that help to encourage the quality in operations and aid to implement new tools and techniques that improves the efficiency and effectiveness (Batnitzky. et.al. 2009). Organization analyze the knowledge and skills of candidates through written test and two level of interviews following with group discussion that helps to analyze the capabilities according to job requirements and objectives of role assigned to individual. Hence, it is been considered that the process and approach that followed by both organization effective and quality orientated rather than qualification which aid to achieve the objectives.
3.1 Link between motivation theory and reward management
Motivation is required for encouraging the performance of individual and groups that work for organization. In order to develop the positive working environment and healthy competition among the staff members, HR team use different ways to motivate the employees. These methods include reward and incentive tools for encouraging employees that has positive impact on the performance of staff members (Beck, 2009). However the management of company analyzes the behaviour, needs and contribution of individual in process of achieving goals to offer the reward that help to motive the employees.
In order to identify the needs and requirements of employees, manager of department follows the Maslow theory. The reward theory is concerned with the achievement of employees in their job. It could be in financial form which is paid by the company to their workers for effective performance. It could also be in the non financial form, which means that company rewards the workers by different ways like praise, motivation and achievement. Hence, it considered that motivation and reward has link which helps to understand the needs of staff member and offer reward accordingly to encourage them.
Abraham Maslow developed the Hierarchy of needs in USA in 1945-50. The theory remains the valid in nowadays for understanding the personal development, management training and human motivation. Maslow’s hierarchy of needs theory declares that the human must satisfy its every need in order to survive. By using this theory, the management of organization can understand the needs of staff members and involve in plan to meet their needs and expectations from organization. This kind of approach will help Tesco to motivate the employees by meeting their needs offering positive and healthy environment for working and providing good amount of salary according to performance that helps to retain them. Maslow states that there are five types of needs that human beings are want to satisfy self actualization, esteem needs, social needs, safety and physiological needs (Maslow, 2013). In addition to this, by considering the needs management will able to identify the issues and overcome their impact that will motivate the employees. All of these needs are essential for all humans and they fulfil them for their satisfaction. Maslow said that if the person satisfies his first need then he is trying to attain the next level of needs.
3.2 Job evaluation process and factors to determine pay
Job evaluation is refers to systematic approach of determine the value/worth of various jobs on the basis of a consist set of job and personal factors like skills and qualification. In addition to this, job evaluation helps to determine the pay by using the different techniques such as job ranking, grading and performance of individual against the objectives. Majorly, two types of techniques have been used for job evaluation first is analytical and second is non-analytical process that help to evaluate the performance and degree of work (Bratton and Gold, 2012).
In addition to this, to determine the pay of individual different kind of factors have been considered such as skills, knowledge, qualification and responsibility assign to individual at work place. Apart from the, external factors like government rules and regulation for salary, demand and supply of labour and involvement of risk that associated with the job considered in determination of pay. The HR department of organization analyzes the above factors by evaluating the performance of individual against the internal and external standard to offer salary.
Job evaluation is defined as the process of evaluating different jobs methodically to determine their relation value in the organization. It is an assessment of the relative value of different works on the basis of a reliable set of work and other personal factors such as skills and qualifications that are needed. Job evaluation is helpful for the management of the organization to sustain high stages of employee efficiency and also satisfaction of employees (Ozdaban and Ozkan, 2010). It also determines the job value in the organization and the value of all aspects like responsibilities and skills levels that are also related to the job.
3.3 Effectiveness of reward system in different context
Reward system refers to integration of intrinsic and extrinsic motivation through reward that has been offered by the company to employee. The reward system of organizations differs according to policies and operations that frame by Human Resources department. In different context like performance and objectives base rewards have been offered to staff members (Guest. 2011). For example, Tesco HR management offer rewards like promotion, hike in salary and pass-on the incentive according to contribution of staff or success in achieving the target. That kind of approach help, management to develop positive working environment and encourage other members to uplift the performance.
On the other hand, Premier food plc offers the rewards according to sales and profit that has been gained through offering services and products. The management distributes the incentive according to responsibility and set of skills of individual. Moreover, both organizations analyze the feedback of customer and peers to evaluate the performance as well as determine the mode of offering rewards that meet the satisfaction level of individual and influence the others to perform better (Honeyball, 2014). Promotion and salary raise is the most important type of reward system. Salary is considered as an important motivator for the workers and promotion increases confidence and job satisfaction of an employee.
Internal equity refers to the perception of employee for their rewards, responsibilities and conditions of work as compare to other employees that are in equal position in the organization. It is a comparison of positions in the organization to make sure the fair pay. Organization should pay workers fairly with compared to other workers. Employees are also observing that they are fairly paid with compared to their co-workers (Almeida and Campello, 2010). Tesco paid the wages to the workers according to the internal equity in which they measure the performance of the employee. On the other hand, external competitiveness refers to the pay charges of an organization’s work with related to the pay rates of their competitors. It concerned with the relative pay charges between organizations.
3.4 Methods to monitor performance of employees
Performance monitoring is an important element in HRM activities and process that gives the idea about the effectiveness of individual in organization and proper allocation of resources according to knowledge and capabilities. There are different types of methods can be used for monitoring the performance some of them are as follows that preferred by leading organizations:
- Feedback from superior: This is effective method that used for analyzing and evaluating the behaviour, attitude and use of resources at workplace. The HR team members collect the feedback from the customers and peers about the communication, behaviour and offering the information and services according to requirements about individual (Kennedy and Shultz, 2012). This method helps to understand the overall performance of individual at workplace.
- Checklist: This modern concept of monitoring the performance in which management set the benchmark standard for staff members and check the performance accordingly. This method is cost and time effective and gives the better idea to individual for evaluate the own effectiveness and justify the role within organization.
- Graphic rating scales: It is an ideal method for monitor the performance of an employee in the organization. The rating scale includes performance standards, list of job duties, and it is helpful to observe the performance of employee. It is a quick method which is helpful for the manager and supervisor as they manage the large departments in the organization (Kennedy and Shultz, 2012). The scale is essential for the company to monitor the performance of employees.
4.1 Reason for cessation of employment with an organization
Cessation is process in which employees discontinues the present job and tasks that hamper the planning of company. The process of cessation takes place due to personal and organizational reasons that affects the satisfaction level of employees. Following are the key reasons of cessation within organization:
- Resignation: For the personal reasons like illness, family issues or some other problems are the major reason of resignation that influence the decision of employees to leave the organization. Moreover, organizational issues like pay scale, job frustration and disputes with the management or peers lead staff members to resign from the position (Cardwell. et.al. 2011).
- Poor performance: The management of organization needs staff member who were productive and active in tasks to meet the standard. If the staff members are not performing up-to the potential and lacking to meet the objectives that set for the position get terminate from the organization.
- Bad activity: The leading organizations Tesco and Premier food plc have made rules and regulations for employees to behave ethically and maintain the decorum of organizational culture. If the employees break the rules and perform the unethical activity that lead to termination of employees.
4.2 Employee exit process of two organization
Employee exit process is major element of organizational HRM activities in which management define the exit process that followed by the employees to leave the job (Bryson and Alston, 2011). However the employees followed the exit process by using the steps and process that proposed by the HR. Following are the key steps that followed by the Tesco and Premier Food plc:
- Receive resignation letter in written form from employee.
- Check the productiveness of the employee.
- Discuss with the HR manager of the company.
- Take final decision with consent of HR manager.
- Give acceptance of resignation to the employee.
- Hand in all copies, reports and manuals from employee.
- Collect all the gazettes which are given to the employee at the time of appointment like cell phone and laptop etc.
- Collect all the files and documents with any type of cards like credit card, identity card, access cards etc.
- Give employee “Exit Questionnaire” to fill with reason.
- Exit interview
The notice period for employee exit process is 15-20 days. These steps have been proposed by HR for employee exit by following the process and regulation which develop professional working environment.
4.3&1.4 Impact of legal and regulatory framework on cessation arrangement
Legislation and regulations are proposed by the management by considering the government rules and code of conducts of higher authority of industry. The Parliament of UK has proposed rules and regulations for employee’s right protection and process of cessation policies. Following are the key rules and regulations that have significant impact on the cessation and employment arrangement:
- Equality act: The Parliament of UK has proposed regulation to protect the right of individual for terminating of disqualifying from job. According to this act, organization cannot discriminate or terminate any employee due to age, sex and religion or disability (Kennedy and Shultz, 2012). This act has positive impact on the cessation arrangement as each of employees has equal opportunity to sustain the position.
- Employment right 1996: According to this act of UK, employees have rights to claim against the termination which is beyond the rules and regulation of organizations. Government has sated the regulation for developing the employee exit process that requires to be followed by the organization to protect the rights of staff members as well offer the positive and healthy working environments.
- Length of service: The length of service should play an essential role to make decision for reduction in the organization but is could be taken along with the skill level. An employee could not keep their work only because of the several years with the business.
- Privacy: According to Data Protection Act, the detail information of employees would have been confidential and need to be safe as no one can access for personal use as well as the reason of termination.
From the above study, it is being considered that HRM is essential part of organization that helps to manage the workforce and develop the plan to improve the standard in operation and administration. Human Resource Management Assignment Help has assessed the function of human resources and its purpose for organization. In the next part HRM Assignment Help has analyzed the reasons of HRM planning and evaluated the effectiveness of selection and recruitment process for Tesco and Premier Food plc. At the end, report has analyzed link between motivation and reward management as well as impact of legislations and regulations on cessation arrangement.
Books and journals
Almeida, H. and Campello, M., 2010. Financing frictions and the substitution between internal and external funds.
Armstrong, M. T., S 2014. Armstrong's handbook of human resource management practice Kogan Page Publishers.
Balcombe, K., Fraser, I., and Harris, L. 2009. Consumer willingness to pay for in-flight service and comfort levels: A choice experiment. Journal of Air Transport Management. 15(5). Pp.221-226.
Balcombe, K., Fraser, I., and Harris, L. 2009. Consumer willingness to pay for in-flight service and comfort levels: A choice experiment. Journal of Air Transport Management. 15(5). Pp.221-226.
Batnitzky, A., McDowell, L. and Dyer, S. 2009. Flexible and strategic masculinities: the working lives and gendered identities of male migrants in London. Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies. 35(8). Pp. 1275-1293.
Assignment help UK offers free sample assignments did by us in past. Get advantage from them first see our assignment help portfolio and second understand assignment writing tips, order us for online assignment help now