Delivery in day(s): 5
Unit 20 Employee Relations Assignment Solution Nike
Diploma in Business
Unit Number and Title
Unit 20 Employee Relations Nike
Employee Relations Nike incorporation has been taken into consideration for developing a report on the unitary frame and pluralistic frame for the development of employee relation in the organization. Nike incorporation is multination company which has been running its business all over the world. Company mainly engaged in designing, manufacturing, developing and selling footwear, apparel, equipment and accessories. In addition to this company have been so many subsidiaries such as converse, Hurley and further more. This company was incorporated by Bill and Phil with the intention to provide the best shoes ever in the market. In this report various matter are discussed for establishment of positive employee relation and identifying the key role of the persons involved in the proper running of the business. With the adamantine study it is observed that Nike incorporation has been developing a positive employee relation so that best course of action in value chain activities could be established.
For Unit 20 Employee Relations Assignment solution Nike a clear understanding has been created on Nike incorporation and various matters are taken into consideration for developing an effective employee relation. Such as unitary frame or references and Pluralistic frame of references (Demirbas & Yukhanaev, 2011).
1.1 Unitary frame of referencesand Pluralistic frame of references
Employee relation in Nike incorporation.
Unitary frame references
Pluralistic frame of references
This is concerned with the way of thinking, attitudes, value, belief and practice relating to the management and organizational behaviors toward the employees. This frame of references is based on the perception that in order to accomplish set goals and objective Nike incorporation needs to share its goals and objective with its employees at large. Management of Nike incorporation evaluates all the wants and needs of employees and develops a positive working structure for employees.
In this frame of references Nike incorporation is considered to be covered with highly influential group members such as board of directors and trade union at large. The role of management department typically is to influence the employee and get the work done in determined approach and Trade union will act in the best interest of employee and act as a legal representative of employees concern in Nike incorporation.
Implementation of Nike incorporation in both frames
- Pluralistic frame- Nike incorporation will use their management and trade union to get the all the works done from the employees. Both the parties will be put into high position to influence the employees (Fegert, 2013).
- Unitary frame-In this frame employee of Nike incorporation will be taken into high consideration and their values, belief and social concern are used to make positive course of action for the organization.
1.2 Effects on employees’ relation with changes in trade union
Organization is comprised of several complex set of activities and in order to overcome problems and hurdles in employee trade union is developed in Nike incorporation.
Trade union- This is the union and association of people who are elected by the employees to represent the cases and concern before the top of the Nike incorporation. Trade Union has been acting in the best interest of the employees and a legal representation of the employee collectively. There are various roles which are played by trade union for the betterment of the Nike incorporation and employees (Bose &Mudgal, 2013).
- Provide a nexus between employees and employers
- Development of clear ideas and facts with the help of research methodology use in the working activities.
- Generate a clear views and ideas in the mind of employee and employer in determined approach.
The effects of employee’s relation could be measured with the changes made in the trade union throughout the time. Nike incorporation is very big organization which has been running its business strategy all over the world. In order to overcome employee relation problems and employee hurdles with the management trade union has been evaluated as a sophisticated tools.
Effects of Changes:The considerable effects that could been seen with the changes in the role of trade union is that all the employees throughout the time has resulted into trusting trade union as a representative body. Trade union has become a legal representation of the employees and act in the best interest of them. However, trade union is accompanied with highly knowledgeable persons who have to undertake all the possible legal and structural compliance of Nike incorporation. In addition to this Nike incorporation has been facing low conflict and problems with their employees after setting up of new trade union (Taylor, 2015).
The changes in trade union could be defined with the help of this three times described as below
- Past-This is related with the trade union in the earlier time in which trade union is dependent upon or accustomed to act in accordance with the management department.
- Present- Nike incorporation has helped employees to set up a trade union as per their own election and vote which will help them to represent their cases and concern in determined approach.
- Future- Trade union in future will be concerned with complying with all laws and regulation set up by government and other legal authorizes and then take into consideration all the other factors of the employees. Development of corporate governance will be the main objective of Trade union.
1.3 Role played by the main player
With the increasing ramification and complexity in the working process it is observed that the main employees are the main people who make efforts to accomplish set goals and objective. There are following persons who make consistent efforts for the betterment of Nike incorporation.
- Employees- These are the key pillars of the organization that makes consistent efforts in value chain activities to accomplish set of goals and objective.
- Board of directors- They are the key people who makes all the strategies decisions for the working of Nike incorporation. Directors are the key drivers who make all the required decisions for the betterment of the organization.
- Trade union- This is the established representative body who are accompanied with the selective persons by the employees with a view to represent the cases or concern of employees. Trade union is a legal body of employees who represent employee concern to the management department.
- HRM- It stands for human resource management who make all the possible efforts in context with hiring, firing and managing employee at large.
- Government bodies and authority- This is related with passing all the corporate rules and regulation which is needed to be complied by organizations at large.
NHS is very big organization and comprised of complex set of activities. Company is proposing to hire new employees and it has resulted into dissatisfaction of existing doctors.
This case study is comprised of various facts and figure. In this NHS has been planning to hire new employee and existing employees are not making positive responses with this. BMA being a trade union has collected all the required facts and figure and has consulted with the management department of NHA that employees are not motivated properly and there responsibilities is increased at the same time there is no changes in their salary amount.
2.1 Procedures to resolve the different conflicts
Conflicts –It is common thatorganization is accompanied with several set of activities in which various functions are performed. Therefore company would face hurdles and problems in determined ways. NHA has been facing problems of no positive responses from the existing doctors on its new proposed plan. However, BMA being trade union has been collecting all the possible facts and figure so that a best possible course of action could be developed with the mutual understanding of employee and management department of NHS both.In order to mitigate the required problems and conflicts organization needs to establish a different set of mechanism. NHS has provided a set of structure which could be used by BMA in order to make representation of employees’ problems in front of management department of NHS.
Procedure for dealing with conflicts
- Step-1: NHS and employees will identity the possible conflicts and hurdles which are being faced by them in determined approach. NHS has introduced a new proposal plan in order to make enhance the client’s satisfaction. Newly hired employees is being hired by NHS and this step is making so m any problems in the mid of existing doctors.
- Step-2: Existing doctors will represent their problems and conflict with the help of BMA who is playing trade union role in NHS.
- Step-3: BMA will accustom to act as per the direction of employees and policies and frameworks developed throughout the time.
- Step-4: All the required facts and figure of possible problems will be shared with NHS by BMA in determined approach.
- Step-5: a mutually agreed decision would be taken by management department after considering all the possible facts and figure in determined approach.
- Step-6: If employees are not satisfied with the passed decision of NHS then there will be results of lock out in the process system of the organization.
- Step-7: Collective barraging will be made in with the mutual understanding of the BMA, NHS and other employee in significant manner.
- Step-8: In the end final decision making will be made by the management department of NHS in the interest of employees (Bonoli, 2010).
2.2 Key Intents of employee’s relations
Employee relation is the terms which are observed to be the company’s efforts to manager the relationship between employees and working management at large. NHS has been providing good employee relation program by including fair and consistent treatment to each and every employees in effective way.
There are following intents of employee relation which are given as fellow.
- Ideology- This is concerned with establishment of clear set of value and belief which are ideally accepted at the international level. NHS has been providing clear and fair employee relation in determined approach.
- Future relation- It is related with the sustainability of the employee in the organization. NHS has been developing a clear work structure and establishing a positive environment for the betterment of the company.
- Conflict-NHS has been facing several problems and hurdles in its employee relation. However, it is common to have conflict in the working procedure of the organization. Throughout the time NHS has been facing conflict such as at the time of new hiring emergence of dissatisfaction in existing doctors.
- Collective bargaining-This is related with providing the best suitable course of action by the BMA in the working of NHS. This is related with finding all the possible facts and figure before the management department of the organization (Fischer, et. Al., 2010).
In this case study there are various examples which could set out the intent of employee’s relation.
BMA is performing the role of trade union and making collective bargaining before the NHA on the behalf of employees. NHA is evaluating all the facts and figure and generating a motivation program for the existing doctors.
2.3 Effectiveness of the procedure
There are so many dispute and hurdles have been taken into consideration by the management department of NHS. Organization has developeda new plan for making organization effective by hiring new junior doctors. However they will be working under the guidance of existing doctors. The main conflict which has been facing by exiting doctors are that they are being paid same amount in spite of their responsibility and working criteria has been increased throughout the time. BMA has followed a given format in order to eradicate such problems in given time manner. The procedure to manage conflicts in NHA is comprised of several set of activities in which various functions are performed for the time being in force. In addition to this company set steps helps to reduce the cost and time involved in managing conflicts in given manner. However, effectiveness of set procedure could be seen by understanding the clear hierarchy in the grievance resolving responses of management (Griffin, et. Al., 2015).
Effectiveness for results:
The effectiveness of procedure has helped NHS and its employee in drastic manner. It results into following benefits.
- It reduce the time of resolving grievance by the management department of NHS
- BMA has been playing role of trade union which represent existing doctor’s issues before Management of NHS for the best effective course of action.
- It helps to avoid the possible conflict in determined approach.
- It is comprised of set rules and standard format which helps NHS to maintain the working decorum in effective manner.
In the end of this report it has been identified that NHS needs to make positive working environment for the betterment of the sustainability. BMA should also work in the interest of the general public.
3.1 Negotiation in collective bargaining
Negotiation is the intent of the person which is used in order to pursue other person as per the required factors and circumstance with the mutual understanding. This is the point at which both parties are agreed with the particular subjective matter. However, this process is comprised of argument, facts, factors and other required intents in determined approach. Negotiation in collective bargaining is coupled with various set of activities in which employee’s wages and terms and condition are discussed either by employees or trade union at large.
Collective bargaining: In order to pursue management department employees and trade union use this collective bargaining so that required course of action could be developed. In addition to this in the case given it is found that NHS has been hiring new junior doctors for the better sustainability of the organization. However existing doctors are not satisfied with the new act done by the organization. Therefore they are using collective bargaining to present their case before management department. It is observed that BMA being a trade union is divulging all the facts and figure before the NHS that doctors are not happy as they are feeling that they are not rewarded properly and hiring new employee will enlarge the work of their criteria at the existing payment. Therefore company should increase their salary and motivational reward should be given as well. Eventually Trade union pursues the management and made a successful barraging. Eventually collective bargaining tool is used by all the existing doctors in determined approach so that best suitable course of action could be found with the mutual understanding of both the parties (Demirbas & Yukhanaev, 2011).
- Local workplace bargaining- In these collective bargaining NHS employees will put their process problems in front of management department,Institutional agreement for collective bargaining- In this NHS will set up all required facts and figure in determined approach so that employees needs and wants would be considered at work place.
- Single table collective bargaining- In this there will be not collective bargaining for both parties as NHS being in dominate position will pursue their employees as per their wants and needs in determined approach.BMA being the trade union has been making high amount of efforts for the betterment of the employees and putting all the possible factors in front of NHS for the effectiveness of collective bargaining.
3.2 Impact of Negotiation Strategy
Negotiation strategy- with the increasing effectiveness of the employee relation in the achievement of the organization’s goals and objective it could be said that negotiation strategy is pre-determined plans or action plans for achieving set goals in stipulated manner. Employees and managers use this strategy in order to pursue subjective parties as per their terms and conditions in determined approach... This strategy provides a way of mean in which both parties could come up in the mutual understanding for the subjective conflicts in sophisticated approach. When employees are not satisfied with eh management offers or terms and conditions stipulated as may be specified then employee use this negotiation strategy in order to pursue their point of view in front of mangers so that best possible changes could be made in existing plans (Claveria & Verge, 2015).
There are following procedure is followed by the employees or management department in order to make effective use of negotiation strategies.
- Negotiation process- It is the pre-planned activities and action plans which is developed by the user in order to put their points of view in front of other parties.
- Negotiation strategy-This is the phase in which employee with the trade union or collectively prepared a future plans and gathers all the required information and facts so that a best suitable strategy could be developed throughout the time
- Preparation of strategy – In this phase employee will come up with effective strategy plans and procedure so that they will present their situation before the management department at large.
- Circumstance evaluation- Employees need to make effective use of their present and past factors so that they could be presented before management department in determined approach.
- Outcome- A best suitable course of action would be developed with the help of mutual understanding of both parties.
- Dispersion of information- Decision taken or effective outcome will be dispersed to the entire employee in determined approach.
- Study over the case matter- Employees in Company XYZ were facing problem of no motivation. Management department were putting pressure on employees to give their best and asking to work more than working hours. In addition to this no extra motivation rewards were given to them. Eventually this matter was negotiated with management department and a best effective course of action was developed in determined manner (Betchoo, 2014).
Power points presentation
In this report various internal and external factors of employee relation are taken into consideration for the betterment of the organization. Employee relation is comprised of all the values, belief, perception and several social factors in determined approach. Now in the end the adamantine words would be that company needs to evaluate all the factors and possible endeavor should be made to make to satisfy employees needs and demand in determined manner.
Betchoo, N.K. 2014, "The evolution of industrial democracy in a small-island economy, Mauritius", International Letters of Social and Humanistic Sciences, vol. 29, no. 29, pp. 39-47.
Bonoli, G. 2010, "Time Matters: Postindustrialization, New Social Risks, and Welfare State Adaptation in Advanced Industrial Democracies", Comparative Political Studies, vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 495-520.
Bose, I. & Mudgal, R.K. 2013, "Employee relations climate in leather industry in Kolkata",Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 13.
Claveria, S. & Verge, T. 2015, "Post-ministerial occupation in advanced industrial democracies: Ambition, individual resources and institutional opportunity structures: POST-MINISTERIAL OCCUPATION IN ADVANCED INDUSTRIAL DEMOCRACIES",European Journal of Political Research, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 819-835.
Demirbas, D. & Yukhanaev, A. 2011, "Independence of board of directors, employee relation and harmonisation of corporate governance: Empirical evidence from Russian listed companies", Employee Relations, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 444-471.
Fegert, M.D. 2013, "The Insufficiency of S. Mark Heim’s More Pluralistic Hypothesis", Theology Today, vol. 69, no. 4, pp. 497-510.
Fischer, B.D., Licata, S.C., Edwankar, R.V., Wang, Z., Huang, S., He, X., Yu, J., Zhou, H., Johnson, E.M., Cook, J.M., Furtmüller, R., Ramerstorfer, J., Sieghart, W., Roth, B.L., Majumder, S. & Rowlett, J.K. 2010, "Anxiolytic-like effects of 8-acetylene imidazobenzodiazepines in a rhesus monkey conflict procedure", Neuropharmacology, vol. 59, no. 7, pp. 612-618.
Griffin, J.J., Bryant, A. & Koerber, C.P. 2015, "Corporate Responsibility and Employee Relations: From External Pressure to Action", Group & Organization Management, vol. 40, no.
Larsen, T.P. &Navrbjerg, S.E. 2015, "The economic crisis: Testing employee relations", Economic and Industrial Democracy, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 331-353.
Mathew, S.K. & Jones, R. 2012, "Satyagraha and employee relations", Employee Relations,vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 501-517.
Mathew, S.K. & Jones, R. 2012, "Satyagrahaand employee relations: Lessons from a multinational automobile transplant in India", Employee Relations, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 501-517.
Navakhi, M.S., Batyari, A. & Keykanlu, L.G. 2013, "The Relationship Between Human Resource Empowerment and Human Resource Efficiency In Petrochemical Industrial Complex Of Bojnurd (Iran)", Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research In Business,vol. 5, no. 7, pp. 365.
Nesheim, T. & Rørvik, R. 2012;2013;, "Exploring dilemmas in the relation between temporary help agencies and customer firms", Personnel Review, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 67-82.
Taylor, K. 2015, "Learning from the Co-operative Institutional Model: How to Enhance Organizational Robustness of Third Sector Organizations with More Pluralistic Forms of Governance", Administrative Sciences, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 148-164.