Delivery in day(s): 5
Unit 16 MCKI Assignment – Samsung
Diploma in Business (Marketing)
Unit Number and Title
Unit 16 MCKI Assignment - Samsung
This Unit 16 MCKI Assignment Samsung delves with the aspect of managing communication knowledge and information that aims toward providing the scope to demonstrate in what ways there can occur the development of communication, knowledge as well as information and can be used for improving the communication within the company and also will be covering in what ways IT systems are being used as a tool of management to collect, store, disseminate as well as provide accessibility towards knowledge as well as information.
1.1 Discuss different decisions to be taken by the Samsung senior management team for this audacious plan to manifest.
The different decisions that needs to be taken by the Samsung senior management team for this audacious plan to manifest can be discussed as under,
Strategy decisions that are mainly taken by the senior management of Samsung do the preparation of overall goals as well as strategic aspects for determining the organizational performance of Samsung. As a result, the senior management of Samsung is required dealing with the entire company, taking decisions regarding long term projects as well as do the controlling of the overall profitability, future market, financial cost, financial requirements, need for equipments, sale forecasting, analysis of the competitors and are also having the responsibility in respect of the shareholders towards the improvement of the success regarding Samsung. Moreover, the senior managers should have the awareness regarding population demographics as well as policy of the government that is being expected.
Structured decisions are generally defined objectives stating that the senior directors of Samsung should be dealing with significant decisions, for instance creation of new markets in different countries like South Africa as well as in New Zealand. (Dwyer, 2012)
Semi-structured decisions are considered to be the decisions that can either be structured or unstructured. For instance, the senior management of Samsung could make decisions towards entering new markets or could try creating new line of products. Unstructured decisions are considered to be those decisions whose planning has been done, for instance the senior management of Samsung can suddenly made the decision towards the rearrangement of the entire organization.
In this respect there is a significant need to take information from the strategic, tactical as well as operational levels of management in respect of Samsung. (Dwyer, 2012) And, also for supplementing information there will be the utilization of knowledge from tacit as well as explicit aspects.
1.2 Examine information and knowledge required to ensure that effective decision taking is possible across board in Samsung UK.
The information and knowledge required to ensure that effective decision taking is possible across board in Samsung UK can be examined as follows,
In this respect let us consider certain factors associated with strategic plans that constitute the UK business law, selection and recruitment as well as personnel development.
To ensure effective decision taking the managers at Samsung are required having internal as well as external information.
- Internal information: This sort of information constitutes the financial information, personnel information, marketing information, purchasing information, sales information, manufacturing information as well as administrative information. For instance, the managers at Samsung are required having the information regarding the production cost, wages of the employees, profit & loss, costs associated with rates as well as taxes that Samsung is paying as a business.
- External information: This sort of information consists of reliability of the Government, trade grouping, and providing commercials, databases as well as research. In this regard, the managers at Samsung are required researching information that will be assisting them for increasing the sales as well as interest level of their business. The significance associated with information research is ensuring that the information is having precision as well as trustworthy, so they can do the running of the business in a more successful manner. (Dwyer, 2012)The managers at Samsung are using information that is provided in a commercial way for assisting them towards making the appropriate decisions regarding business as well as these decisions are made depending on the availability of information in respect of Samsung from other organizations.
The types of knowledge can be illustrated with the help of the following table,
1.3 Assess internal and external sources of information and understanding available in Samsung UK for decision making.
The internal sources of information are considered to be those information sources that are coming from within the organization and belonging personally to the organization. On the other hand, external sources of information are the suppliers of input that are coming from outside the organization and both are considered useful in respect of the organization. (Daft, 2015)
Internal sources of information are consisting of financial information, personnel information, marketing information, purchasing information, sales information as well as manufacturing information and the external sources of information are in relation to the government, trading groups, commercials, databases as well as research. For example, Samsung does the publication of its annual report in respect of overall production, overall profit and loss, overall sales, loans, staffs wages, bonuses as well as other staff facilities. Information regarding business takes place through overall surveys, data, articles, books, references, search engines as well as internal records that are used by Samsung for guiding its planning, operational aspects, as well as the assessment of its activities. Such information is also coming from the consumers, acquaintances, as well as vendors. (Dywer, 2012)The external source of information of Samsung comprises of published newspaper sources, financial magazines, databases, statistics of the government, directories as well as manuals associated with technical aspects.
- Internal sources of information: Internal sources of information is considered to be that information whose gathering as well as presenting takes place in a systematic way and it is very effective in respect of every level of management and regarding any organizational function. For instance, annual reports, ledgers, production statistics, budgeting as well as management are considered to be the internal sources of information in respect of Samsung. (Dwyer, 2012)
- External sources of information: External sources of information are the tools that the managers at Samsung will be using for improving the organizational performance. In general, it is quite challenging towards the management of external sources of information since they are considered complex in nature.
1.4 Justify your recommendations for improvement to the Samsung UK management team.
The recommendations for improvement to the Samsung UK management team can be done with the help of meeting, feedback from customers as well as creating online communication like facebook, twitter and so on. Let us discuss the recommendations in detail,
- Meetings: Samsung UK is having employees as well as teams that are having the interest regarding business activities as well as having a stake in the organizational success. Providing information to the stakeholders with the help of a meeting is considered to be an outstanding method of keeping the stakeholders connected as well as updated on topics that have a potential business impact. (Daft, 2015) Through the involvement of the stakeholders in making decisions as well as communicating in a regular manner with the help of meetings, it will be easy in getting their consent in respect of new ideas as well as their assistance when the challenging aspects will be arising.
- Feedback from customers: Feedbacks are considered to be a significant tool of management that are taken into consideration in Samsung UK and is considered significant at the senior management level too, since it is indicating desirability for advancement. Through the effective use of feedback, the managers at Samsung UK come to understand where lies the flaw, and as a result will have an idea on which segment the efforts for improvement need to be focused upon. The leaders of the organization are having the responsibility for encouraging the personnel. (Daft, 2015)
- Creating online communication: Social networking sites such as Facebook as well as Twitter basically permits businesses as well as other companies in setting up a platform for communicating with the customers, as well as vendors. There exist various social networking sites on the internet and amongst them Facebook is considered having the most popularity. Facebook can be used in various ways for encouraging individuals as well as Samsung UK with the help of their official facebook page.
2.1 Identify at least a minimum of four and maximum of six stakeholders that you will invite for this important occasion.
- Employees of Samsung UK: Samsung UK’s employees should have the knowledge regarding who they are reporting to when they having doubts or require support. So, in respect of this important occasion the employees of Samsung UK will get invited.
- Managers of Samsung UK: Managers are considered to be efficient communicators that are required to be recognized as well as rewarded for communicating with the staffs in an open as well as honest manner that will be making a huge difference. So, in respect of this important occasion the employees of Samsung UK will get invited.
- Suppliers of Samsung UK: Suppliers are playing a significant part in respect of organizational success. Therefore, to maintain better communication with the suppliers will assist Samsung UK in an enormous way. So, in respect of this important occasion the employees of Samsung UK will get invited. (Daft, 2015)
- Customers of Samsung UK: To focus on the aspect of communicating with the customers is considered a significant aspect regarding the long term organizational success. In the primary relationship stages, communication that was considered effective ensured that the product and services of the company is meeting the requirements of the customers of Samsung UK. (Daft, 2015) So, in respect of this important occasion the employees of Samsung UK will get invited.
2.2 Make contacts with your proposed invitees using appropriate and cost effective channels.
Contacts can be made with the proposed invitees with the use of appropriate as well as cost effective channels such as telephones, emails, letters, fax, word-of-mouth, Facebook as well as Twitter.
- Identifying the stakeholders: The stakeholder number can be quite large and in the process to identify the stakeholders for Samsung, there is the significance in gathering details as much as possible regarding the ability to influence in respect of the company. This assists Samsung in developing proper targeted communications.
- Understanding the needs: Stakeholders are having the requirement for daily steady communication therefore, these are required to be personalized as well as targeted in accord to their requirements. To identify the information that is required by the stakeholders is also considered to be essential. (McDaniel, 2011)
- Samsung is required finding ways that are innovative as well as effective for having communication with the customers. There is a significant need for having a two-way communication since Samsung has the requirement for having an understanding of the customers in respect of the organization.
2.3 Involve those invitees you have contacted for this occasion ensure that their interests are well represented throughout the occasion.
The stakeholders that are participating in the process of making decisions for Samsung are required reaching an agreement with the help of the process of making decisions. The shareholders that have been invited in this respect are the employees, managers, suppliers as well as customers of Samsung UK.
Samsung UK’s employees should have the knowledge regarding who they are reporting to when they having doubts or require support. So, for this occasion it should be ensured that their interests are well represented throughout the occasion.
Managers are considered to be efficient communicators that are required to be recognized as well as rewarded for communicating with the staffs in an open as well as honest manner that will be making a huge difference. So, for this occasion it should be ensured that their interests are well represented throughout the occasion. (Lind, 2014)
Suppliers are playing a significant part in respect of organizational success. Therefore, to maintain better communication with the suppliers will assist Samsung UK in an enormous way. So, for this occasion it should be ensured that their interests are well represented throughout the occasion.
To focus on the aspect of communicating with the customers is considered a significant aspect regarding the long term organizational success. In the primary relationship stages, communication that was considered effective ensured that the product and services of the company is meeting the requirements of the customers of Samsung UK. (McCalman, 2015) So, for this occasion it should be ensured that their interest are well represented throughout the occasion.
2.4 Design all-inclusive strategy that will make the event more interesting and memorable for all.
Samsung can do the improvement of networking through the adoption of engagement through the online process that will be allowing the multi-stakeholders dialogue in which portals are created regarding the networks of communication that are supporting two-way dialogue as well as quick feedback. Engagement in an online process provides continuous accessibility regarding the channels of communication, there is the availability of the web that can be accessed at any point of time from any place that overcomes the constraints regarding time as well as distance that will otherwise dissuade the participating aspect in respect of engagement. Moreover, it will be providing the stakeholders with a platform stage from where dialogue can be partaken. (Lind, 2014) For instance, social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter and so on. Also, for making the event more interesting as well as memorable by analyzing the feedbacks from the stakeholders as well as the reviewing of the outcomes are made.
3.1 Report on the existing communication structure and system in Samsung UK.
The existing communication structure and system in Samsung UK are explained as follows,
The existing communication structure and system in Samsung UK takes into consideration the email, telephone, letter, website, announcement board, internal memo as well as formal and informal meetings.
- They are considered to be individuals or teams that will be initiating the communication. The attitude, skills, knowledge, perceptions of the sender will be influencing the message.
- Encoding: For conveying the meaning of the message, it is first required to be encoded. In respect of encoding, the sender will be deciding what is required to be transmitted in relation to the decisions taken by the sender in respect of the knowledge of the receivers, suppositions as well as additional information that can be understood.
- For transmission of the message from the person who is sending the message to the person who is receiving the message, there is a need for certain type of medium. Channels can be either or oral or written but of late, with the advancement of technology, the visual channels are gaining popularity. The various channels of communication that are being used in Samsung UK are email, telephone, letter, website, announcement board, internal memo as well as formal and informal meetings. (Lind, 2014)
- Feedback: Finally, after the receiver receives the message, a feedback is send back to the sender of the message that helps the person to understand whether the receiver of the message clearly understood it.
3.2 Design appropriate methods to improve the overall communication systems in-line with modern realities in the sector.
The appropriate methods for improving the overall communication systems in-line with modern realities in the sector can be done with the accessibility as well as inclusivity of feedback forms, particularly in respect of customers with statements.
- For improving the overall communication systems in-line with modern realities in the sector, Samsung needs to design appropriate methods that will concentrate on a single aspect since the major reason associated with overload of information is certainly trying to partake every sort of information that comes along the way.
- For improving the overall communication systems in-line with modern realities in the sector, Samsung needs to design appropriate methods that have the requirement for improving the absence of skills associated with interpersonal communication within the employees. (Lancaster, 2010)
- For improving the overall communication systems in-line with modern realities in the sector, Samsung needs to design appropriate methods that should not rely too much on informal communication.
3.3 Implement plans that will guarantee better communication mediums between the local community and Samsung UK.
For implementing plans that will guarantee better communication mediums between the local community as well as Samsung UK there is a need to understand the present circumstance that is associated with researching in respect of present circumstances, then defining the goals as well as objectives that should be actualized which will be guaranteeing better communication mediums between the local community as well as Samsung UK. There is also the requirement for having the target audience in respect of implementing the plan, and also in respect of the key messages, the major idea should be identified that will guarantee better communication mediums between the local community and Samsung UK. (Palmer, 2011) Lastly, for implementing the plans there is a need for deciding what kind of strategy for communication is required to be used and it should get evaluated.
3.4 Create a personal plan to improve your own communication skills, as the newly appointed community liaison trainee manager.
The personal plan that needs to be developed for improving individual communication skills as the newly appointed community liaison trainee manager should be associated with improving the skills in respect of listening, then to empathizing with others, encouraging others, treating individuals in an equal manner, resolving conflicting situations, having a positive attitude, minimizing stress. As the newly appointed community liaison trainee manager, there can occur the use of various techniques that will be clarifying and confirming what the other individual will be saying, there is also the need to look at things from another person’s point of view, also there is a need to provide encouragement as well as praising another person and most importantly treating each and every individual equally without any sort of discrimination. (Rothaermel, 2015) Also, there is a need to so the resolving of problematic situations when they are taking place.
This assignment is associated with discussing different decisions that the senior management of Samsung has taken for manifesting the plan, then examining the information as well as knowledge that is needed for ensuring effective decision taking is possible and also assessing internal as well as external sources of information and justifying recommendations for improvement. Then there is a need to do the creation of strategies for increasing personal networking for widening the involvement in the process of making decisions and finally finding ways for developing the processes for communication.
Daft, R (2015). Organization Theory and Design. Cengage Learning.
Lancaster, G (2010). Essentials of Marketing Management. Taylor & Francis.
Lind, P. (2014). Monitoring Business Performance. Routledge
McCalman, J. (2015). Change Management: A Guide to Effective Implementation. SAGE.
McDaniel, C. (2011). Essentials of Marketing. Cengage Learning.
McDonald, M. (2012). Market Segmentation. John Wiley & Sons.
Palmer, A (2011). The Business Environment. McGraw-Hill Higher Education.
Rothaermel, F.T., (2015). Strategic management. McGraw-Hill.