Delivery in day(s): 5
Internet and E-Business Assignment Help
The given Internet and E-Business Assignment Help analyses the different business components and how the emergency technology has the effect on the business. The task 1 is about the e- business and the various solutions to it. The use of the supply chain management in the business process and the various security issues in it. The task 2 is about the business models and the capacity to generate more revenues by the Don lumber company. The task 3 is concerned with the Amazon Company and its various web designs to help the customer’s integration.
Task 1: ISD DIY Store
A DIY Store is a cross between the hardware and service business. They help to encourage the customers to try the products own its own rather than paying to a professional. They provide services both online and offline to their customers. Such a business is known as the Clicks and Mortar which is conducted both on land and internet.
1. E-Business solution
Networks and Especially Intranet and Extranet
The network is formed when two or more computers are connected to each other through a line. The first network system was formed by in 1969 for the US research known as APRANET. With the advancement the WWW was set up in 1990 and E-commerce business started. (Newman, 2010)
The internet is the global networks of the computer to exchange the information. The online customers can use it for information sharing and chatting with the DIY store representative regarding the goods. (Newman, 2010)
Intranet: it is the internal company network that uses the internet standards (HTML, HTTP and TCP/IP protocols). It can be accessed by only authorized personals like the managers and the admins in the company. Its disadvantages are that it provides the productivity problem. (Stjohn.ac.th, 2015)
Extranet: It is an Intranet for outside authorized users using same internet technology and open to the selected suppliers like the customers those have the logins.
Services such as CRM, SCM, and communications within the company
The store uses the services such as the Customer Relationships Management (CRM) it enables sales and field service professionals to access customer account records and receives alerts to important events. (Gronwald, 2015)
The other services are the Wireless Supply chain management (SCM). It provides the accurate information about the demand, supply and the production and logistics of the goods sold by the stores widely to the customers. (Gronwald, 2015)
Within the company the RFID systems are used to track the movement of the goods throughout the supply chain. Its working is shown in the diagram.
2. Benefits and barriers
Benefits: efficiency, better control of company, better planning, better understanding of the customer base
The company provides many benefits to its customers. The company provides the strong encryption for the payment and the customer satisfaction data. They ensure that the payment is secure if using the third party credit card processor. They better understand the customer base by providing the efficient checkout process. They provide the auto completion of the customer’s shipping information and credit card. The company regularly analyses the data of the regular visiting customers and provides the discounts to its customer base. The centre customer is the principle spreader of the organization's image name, and the more they utilize and like what they devour, the more those that encompass them will addition investment and afterward possibly get to be clients themselves.
Barriers: security issues, technology issues
There are various barriers in the company like the security and the technological and they overcome them effectively using the strong supportive solutions. (Fumy and Sauerbrey, 2006). The two barriers are the language and the geographical barriers. The language barrier means tackling the persons who speak different languages and the geographical barriers means the mixed pool of customers living in different countries with varying requirements. (Fumy and Sauerbrey, 2006). The security issues are the threats such as the spoofing, cracking and the eavesdropping etc. moreover the denial of services and the power interruption are major concerns of security. The technological issues include:
- The price manipulation i.e. the hidden payable price in an HTML field and the modification of the payable amount.
- The cross site scripting which the lack of the proper input and output validation by the web application.
Task 2: Don’s Lumber Company
Wear's Lumber Company on Hudson River is one of the most seasoned retail lumberyards in New York State. It offers an expansive determination of materials for ground surface, decks, mouldings, windows, siding, and material. The costs of wood and other building materials are continually evolving. At the point when a client request about the cost on completed wood flooring, deals delegates counsel a manual value sheet and after that call the supplier at the latest cost. The supplier thusly utilizes a manual value sheet, which has been redesigned every day. Frequently the supplier must get back to Don's business reps on the grounds that the organization does not have the most current estimating data quickly close by.
1. Business models
A business models is the way by which the business is done in the company so that it can sustain itself. The company is able to generate revenues and it tells us how the company is making the money by specifying it position in the value chain. (Osterwalder, Pigneur and Clark, 2010). Don’s lumber company is using this model from a long time to generate revenues and for proper interaction with the customers. The company provides the supplies, manufacturing, subscription, utility and the merchant models to the customers. They follow some set of business models that will be discussed below.
This model is used by the company to provide its customers the information about the goods and services without being actually involved. The data about the users are independently collected and this helps the buyers or the sellers understand the given market.
- The incentive marketing provides the customers the loyalty program that provides them with incentives and the data collected is then sold to the targeted advertisement and promotion companies.
- The Metamediary facilitates the transaction process between the buyers and the suppliers by making them available with information about the ancillary services.
- The online audience market research companies provide the measurement services.
The wholesalers and the retailers of the goods are involved in this model and the sales may be made based on the list prices of the goods and the services which fluctuate on the daily basis.
- The virtual merchant is the e-tailer that operates on the web.
- Thee catalogue merchant provides the information over the phone or the web.
- The click and mortar is the traditional brick and mortar establishment with the web stores.
- The bit vendor is the merchant who provides the services in the purest form and conducts the sales and distribution over the web.
B2B – transactions with suppliers
Every business in today’s world is electrified and the transactions are occurring all over the internet. The internet has been used by the people for the procurement services. (Geehan, 2011)
Buy side procurement system: In this the entire cycle covers the product development and the transactions. The procurement management is through the web. The two major areas of emphasis of this system are transaction efficiency and process control.
Private market place: Here the association’s structure owns electronic markets to total their suppliers to get aggressive cost for items. The suppliers are constrained to the individuals who wish to exchange with the purchaser - possessed private e- market, which restrains the degree of liquidity and rivalry conceivable. (Geehan, 2011)
Industry B2B exchange: this model totals purchasers and dealers in the particular business. As this is an industry - wide exertion, it is not difficult to construct liquidity with suppliers needing to take part where the greater part of the business buys is going to be. (Geehan, 2011)
B2C – transactions with customers
At the point when a timber organization offers wood to a craftsman for the assembling of seats to be sold, it is thought to be a B2B exchange. But on the other hand when the same woodworker purchases the wood to finish a deck of houses, then the exchange is B2C. (Elliot, 2002). B2C alludes to all business-to-shopper exchanges the term is most generally utilized for web offering of items. The impact of B2C exchanges in the online scene is of such extent that retailers have gotten to be exceptionally vigilant in staying up with the latest and streamlined to get the customer movement they need. (Elliot, 2002)
a) E-business solution
B2B – Supply chain management (SCM)
The supply chain is a process by which the company ensures that their supply chain is cost effective and efficient. The management involves the chain of processes:
- Plan: it is the first step and involves the proper business strategy implementation to address the demands of the customers will be met. (Itinfo.am, 2015)
- Develop: here the reliable support is identified and the companies choose the suppliers to deliver the goods and services.
- Make: the product which is manufactured is well tested and packaged and scheduled to deliver to the customer. (Itinfo.am, 2015)
- Deliver: the products or the services are now delivered to the customers at this logistic phase.
- Return: here the customers are made to give the feedback or even inform the company about the defective product. (Itinfo.am, 2015)
The typical SCM can be explained with the help of diagram which is very much similar to the Don’s lumber company which is providing services about goods online and delivering them to the customers shown below.
Supplier ordering, order tracking and scheduling
The SCM offers the rich technology solution for the end to end operations in the company. These are:
- Inventory management: with the supply chain the company is able to track and manage the supplies of the raw material i.e. wood that would be needed for the production, to the finished goods to satisfy the customer’s needs. (Hugos, 2011)
- Order management: the order management is done by enabling the element booking of supplier conveyances to all the more viably take care of demand and more quick making of estimating and item setups.
- Order tracking: the SCM provides the efficiency to track the orders and manage them according to the priorities. It is now possible to anticipate the demands of the customers more accurately. (Hugos, 2011)
- Scheduling: it provides the coordination with the functioning of the warehouses and the transportation channels even if there is complex structure involved.
- Return management: SCM can disentangle and quicken the review and treatment of faulty or broken products - on both the purchase and offer side of the business - and mechanize the transforming of cases with suppliers and merchants, and additionally insurance agencies. (Hugos, 2011)
- Procurement: organizations are built stronger associations with merchants, better evaluate and deal with their execution, and enhance transactions to power volume or mass rebates and other expense cutting measures.
This figure shows that the organization will become more profitable by bringing the unplanned items in the queue than the planned items.
The figure shows that the volume of the transactions in each category is an important factor while implementing the e- procurement. More complex purchases will require more time and effort.
b) Capacity to generate revenue
The revenue of the company could be very much enhanced through the capacity analysis. There are various industries in the world which are using this approach to enhance their revenue generation.
- The online and the availability of the services 24 hours to the customers. The many supermarkets which are operating online are providing these services to the customers.
- The company could generate more revenues by providing the happy hours services with more discounts to the customers regarding the prices of the goods and the services. (Hugos, 2011)
- The company could improve the scheduling prices by reducing the waiting time for the customer and recruiting more employees to overcome the gap of the time.
B2B, B2C – better, quicker, efficient communications, cost savings
Business to consumer (B2C)
B2c applications are those applications that give an interface from organizations specifically to their buyers. (Peterindia.net, 2015). Normal illustrations of B2C applications incorporate offering products, for example, books, electronic gadgets, and even machines on the Internet immediate to shoppers, or offering administrations, for example, a credit keep an eye on the Internet immediate to customers. B2C is advantageous for purchasers in light of the fact that it provides for them get to a universe of stores rather than the nearby stores. It additionally gives a more aggressive business giving buyers access to a wide assortment of decisions and lower costs. At long last, B2c applications open up another world for organizations that are not officially remarkable all through their nation or world. The broadened deceivability that the Internet gives can permit nearby or local organizations to contact markets they never would have possessed the capacity to reach in the physical world. (Peterindia.net, 2015)
Business to Business (B2B)
B2B applications give new chances to organizations to power developing advances to manufacture their organizations.
Samples of B2B applications incorporate encouraging exchanges for merchandise/benefits between organizations, offering products/benefits on the Internet to organizations, and store network coordination. An alternate fascinating sample is online acquisition of products starting with one organization then onto the next. (Peterindia.net, 2015)
B2B is an useful to organizations on the grounds that it can possibly drastically lower costs. By processes could be made more simpler and quicker by utilizing new advances and principles, for example, XML, the snappier the stock can move, the more productive the procedure. Likewise, B2B applications help computerize correspondence between organizations. Separated from streamlining the procedure, B2B application aides diminish the potential for slips and helps give better merchandise and administrations. (Peterindia.net, 2015)
Task 3 Amazon
Since 1995, Amazon has created itself as the world's pioneer in e-trade. Its achievement is not a fluke, nor is it just the consequence of being in the privilege place at the privilege time.
1. Functions of client servers and browsers, role of the search engine
The main difference between the peer to peer and the client server architecture is that the computers on the network can work independently of each other when in peer to peer connection
Client –server model
The client server model is to create a division of labour between a centralized server and the individual computers that are running your software. This model has a number of benefits that help your small business successfully create and market data and processor intensive applications in the very competitive software market. (Saternos, n.d.)
The above figure shows the connectivity between the different computers to form a client server network.
The servers are of mainly two types
Hardware servers: these include the hardware components that could be connected and serve as the server side. The computers with server software installed to protect data and monitor access to a network. (Saternos, 2015)
Software servers: these include the software development side of the service including the web servers like the Apache and ILS, server operating system like the Linux and windows. The most common type of server is a file server, which stores important files, rather than keeping them on each computer.
The client server relationship could be explained through the following diagram
Here the web browser is present on the client side and the web server is connected to the client with the internet.
Search within the Amazon site
The search engine is software that provides the software system to effectively and efficiently search the desired information on the World Wide Web. (Mueller, 2004). The Amazon makes use of the Internet bot which runs automated tasks over the internet. The largest use of bots is in web spearing, in which an automated script fetches, analyses and files information from web servers at many times the speed of a human. The search engine optimization helps the company to provide the users the organic search. They could now match their demands with the results provided and the search engine even saves their search for the future use. Search engines can change their algorithms, impacting a website's placement, possibly resulting in a serious loss of traffic. (Mueller, 2004)
The search within the amazon provides the various features like the “Look Inside” feature that provides the shoppers to view the certain sections of the books in 3D manner. This is useful because the shoppers will get a glance of the table of the content of the books that they wish to buy and help in their choice making. (Mueller, 2004)
The “search inside” feature let the users to search the entire book and not just the section of the books. When the user selects an option from the “Look Inside” menu, a light box pops up, giving the user a product preview that is almost as good as holding the book in your hands.
In above figure the search inside feature is available in the light box and gives the more functionality to the customers.
In above figure the search inside feature will notify the user about the book but not the previewing ability.
2. Intranets and extranets
Intranet – with Amazon site – pickers and packers
The pickers and the packers business in the amazon is the intranet and they provide the various pick and drop services to the customers and the company. Request picking and pressing are by all account not the only things that Amazon pickers do. They handle stock plans by guaranteeing that there is sufficient stock for shipment purposes and they likewise verify that requests are prepared for transportation. They likewise check and name item holders and measure and number them to guarantee fitting amount. Quality control is an alternate errand that picker/packers oversee; they check every individual item to guarantee that its quality is dependent upon the imprint and that any harmed items are confined and reported. (Us, 2015)
Extranet – wider access – through Web Portal – customers
An extranet is a secret word ensured site that is an augmentation of your web website, for offering data to esteemed business accomplices or clients. (Us, 2015)
When you log in as an Amazon client, you are basically logging into an extranet where you can get to your request history and other data particular to you. When you need to track an amazon bundle, you log into their extranet with your following number to get to data particular to your conveyance. This aide in making the clients constantly associated with their products and administrations with no additional cost and gives more extensive access to the administrations. (Us, 2015)
3. Good web design structure
Easy navigation, easy choice and payment, confidence that site is secure
The navigation elements are well placed inside the site and provide the users ease to find their desired books and items. The Fundamental store classes, client pages, shopping truck pages, buy pages and so forth ought to all be not difficult to get to at practically any point in the shopping background. The amazon navigation elements could be show below in numbered manner.
- The Shop All departments display the primary store categories and give the customers access to their own products.
- This area provides the users with less important links like the logging out, recommendations and the personal amazon page.
- This element contains the cart and the wish list where the user could see the number of products I the cart and could click on them to see the list in details.
- This element provides the user’s ability to add the item to the shopping cart.
- This element provides the used and new option where the Amazon invites the users to view version of the same product in the Amazon marketplace.
Transaction and Account Security
- Account Verification Processes: the Amazon payments account is very secure as it has many levels of the security, trust and the protection. On the off chance that you are another Amazon.com client and you make another Amazon Payments account by utilizing the Amazon Payments site, you must select two security addresses and complete the email check schedule.
- Watchword Security: When you log into your record, we take safety measures to secure your record. Initially, at whatever point you log into your Amazon Payments account, you log in utilizing a protected server association (https ://). We utilize Secure Socket Layer (SSL) with 128 bit encryption, the industry standard in secure server assurance.
The account of the users is protected by the unique password which is created by you yourself. Sharing your password can compromise the security of your Amazon Payments account.
Makes it easy to find what you want- Amazon especially good
The Amazon provides the list of the books and the items according to the prices and the comparison between different items is there to help you assist a better product. The simple feature could easily be understood by the users because of the strike through the text which could be seen in virtual manner on the internet. Since Amazon is so extraordinary, just the uncommon guest wouldn't realize that both of those things (i.e. item pursuit and web shopping) are accessible. Yet Amazon's group of fashioners and designers have verified those two components in the site's structure are unmistakable and usable. Originators, customers, venture chiefs and designers included in building e-business sites could take after this illustration by plainly stressing item hunt and web obtaining from the earliest starting point of the client's experience—whether for first-time clients or returning client
4. Web usability
Usability = easy to use+ easy to learn+ effectiveness
The Amazon provides the various features for the good web design and usability of the web site. These are:
- Availability and accessibility: the website provides the users a rich experience by ensuring that the server time is up all the time and there is no error that they are encountering. There are no broken links in the website and the site can be easily handled on different screen sizes and slow connections. Amazon.com has just about no downtime. Clearly, this is the thing that you anticipate from an organization that size. Still, the historical backdrop of steady accessibility makes Amazon a solid and dependable administration stage. (Nielsen, 2000)
- Clarity: the website design provides the two-fold structure of the website with all the navigation elements arrange di the perfect and clear manner. The site is consistent, and guides the users whenever they feel taking help. (Nielsen, 2000)
- Learnability: the company [provides the intuitive interfaces like the 3d books to the users to preview. By using these concepts on the web they are attracting more customers.
- Credibility; the about us page of the company clearly shows that the company is a real company with the real people working and they are always there to support their customers with the clear goals and objectives in mind. (Nielsen, 2000)
- Relevant: the company is very well are of the fact that why their customers visit the site and they want. They provide the recommendations and the proper pricing to their customers so that they are happy always with the goods and services provided to them.
The all the tasks have been evaluated properly. The DIY stores have provided the e business solution to their customers with the effective internet technologies to increase the user experience over the web. The Don lumber company uses various techniques to increase the revenue and they are using the business model in their business to facilitate the process. The Amazon has been using the intranet and the extranet technologies to make the process easy for the customers and they provide the good web design to their users to keep the process simple and intuitive.
Citebm.business.illinois.edu, (2015). [Online] Available at: http://citebm.business.illinois.edu/B2Bresearch/ijec-revised-10-31.pdf [Accessed 10 Jan. 2015].
Elliot, S. (2002). Electronic commerce. Chichester: John Wiley & Sons.
Etailerdataflow.com, (2015). [Online] Available at: http://etailerdataflow.com/assets/images/eTailer_image_1.jpg [Accessed 10 Jan. 2015].
Etailerdataflow.com, (2015). [Online] Available at: http://etailerdataflow.com/assets/images/eTailer_image_1.jpg [Accessed 10 Jan. 2015].
Extranethelp.com, (2015). [Online] Available at: http://www.extranethelp.com/images/computer1.jpg [Accessed 9 Jan. 2015].
Fumy, W. and Sauerbrey, J. (2006). Enterprise security. Erlangen: Publicis Corporate Publishing.
Geehan, S. (2011). The B2B executive playbook. Cincinnati, OH: Clerisy Press.
Gronwald, K. (2015). Integrierte business-informationssysteme. Morgan Kaufmann.
Hcltech.com, (2015). Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 | HCL Technologies. [Online] Available at: http://www.hcltech.com/enterprise-application-services/microsoft/crm [Accessed 9 Jan. 2015].
Hugos, M. (2011). Essentials of supply chain management. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
Img.bhs4.com, (2015). [Online] Available at: http://img.bhs4.com/25/7/257fc8dbd5b434d3eb1764d8628bd1f75efb6158_large.jpg [Accessed 9 Jan. 2015].
Itinfo.am, (2015). Supply Chain Management. [Online] Available at: http://www.itinfo.am/eng/supply-chain-management/ [Accessed 10 Jan. 2015].
Logistic-solutions.com, (2015). [Online] Available at: http://www.logistic-solutions.com/sap/img/scm.jpg [Accessed 9 Jan. 2015].