Delivery in day(s): 5
Unit 3 Organisations and Behaviour Assignment Brief Main
Unit Number and level
Unit 3- Organisations and Behaviour - Level 4
Choose a Fortune 500 organisation to answer the case study in specific organisation and behaviour structure, roles and responsibilities within an organisation.
Q 1.1 Compare and contrast organisational structure and culture to that of a similar organisation.
- Identify organisational structure and culture
- Compare and contrast organisational structure and culture to that of another similar organisation e.g. an organisation in the same industry
Q 1.2 Explain how organisational structure and culture affects the performance of the business
- Explain how organisational structure and culture impact business performance
- Use the case study provided to help you.
Q 1.3 Give examples and discuss factors that influence individual behaviour at work.
- Review behaviour at work in general
- Provide at least two examples of factors that influence the behaviour of employees at work.
Q 2.1 Using the case study provided, identify which leadership style is used by your chosen fortune 500 organisation and compare the effectiveness of leadership style to a similar organisation.
- Use the case study provided (with reference to the section titled responsibility and authority)
- Compare the effectiveness of leadership styles to that of another similar organisation, one perhaps in the same industry.
Q 2.2 Explain how organisational theory including the work of F.W. Taylor underpins management practice.
- Explain how organisational theory including the work of F.W. Taylor forms basis for management practice
- Use your lecture notes and academic textbooks to help you
Q 2.3 Evaluate different approaches to management used by and one of its competitors.
- Evaluate different management approaches used by specific organisation.
- Compare these approaches with those of one of its competitors
- Refer to the pros and cons and make judgments on the management approaches.
Q 3.1 Discuss the impact that different leadership styles may have on motivation in specific organisation and on one of its competitors during an economic depression.
- Discuss the impact that different leadership styles may have on motivation within during an economic depression
- Discuss the impact that different leadership styles may have on motivation within one of competitors during an economic depression
- Compare these leadership styles
- Refer to at least two different leadership styles
- Select from autocratic, bureaucratic, democratic and laissez-faire leadership styles
Q 3.2 Compare the application of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs to Hertzberg’s hygiene and motivational factors within the workplace.
- Outline Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs with Hertzberg’s hygiene and motivational factors
- Explain how the two theories compare when they are used in the workplace
- Use workplace examples, that is, where you work or have worked in the past.
Q 3.3 Evaluate how useful motivational theory is for managers in the 21st Century
- Evaluate the pros and cons of motivational theory for managers in the 21st Century
- Support your answer with examples from motivational theories.
Q 4.1 Explain the nature of groups and group behaviour and one of its competitors.
- Define the term “groups”.
- Explain group dynamics.
- Compare group dynamics within organization to that within one of its competitors.
Q 4.2 Discuss factors that may promote or inhibit effective teamwork within specific organization and one of its competitors.
- Give examples of factors that help with the development of teamwork
- Give examples of factors that do not help with the development of teamwork
- Relate your answer and one of its competitors
As HR Director of specific organisation. Write a letter to the Managing Director.Using an appropriate model, evaluate the role types needed for effective teamwork.
- Ensure you use Harvard Referencing.
- Ensure that you refer to academic textbooks as well as other sources.
Q 4.3 Evaluate how technology affects team functioning.
- Evaluate the use of technology on teamwork
- Evaluate the impact of technology on teamwork
- Discuss the pros and cons of technology and the impact it has on teamwork.
As HR Director, write a report to the Managing Director. The report will focus on the use of new technology in the workplace to improve team performance.
- Research new types of technology that can be used in the workplace to improve team performance.
- Critically evaluate how new technology can be used to improve team performance. Include some of your own suggestions of ways that new technology can be used to improve team performance.
- Justify use of at least one modern way of technology that can improve the performance of team