Delivery in day(s): 5
Unit 18 Advertising and Promotion Assignment - Wembley Park
Purpose of assignment
The aim of this Unit 18 Advertising and Promotion Assignment Wembley Park is to provide learners with the understanding and skills for using advertising, promotion and marketing communications effectively. Learners will put this into practice by planning an integrated promotional strategy.
Wembley Park is the new lifestyle tourist destination emerging around Wembley Stadium, bringing new shopping, leisure facilities, homes and public spaces to create a dynamic destination and neighbourhood for London. Visiting Wembley Park will be about the fun of meeting friends, finding a bargain and enjoying a meal out. Wembley Park will be home to a growing and exciting neighbourhood that caters for the tastes of everyone. A destination not just for the big day, but for every day - combining urban parkland, great shopping, good food, thousands of new homes, hotels, entertainment and leisure facilities.
Everything you need in one place
With the opening of London Designer Outlet, Wembley Park will become a true everyday destination as well known for the satisfaction of finding a bargain, the thrill of the latest blockbuster and the enjoyment of a good meal, as it is for the excitement of the big event. It is also a significant commercial development, offering a number of strong business opportunities, including retail space and the generation of new jobs. Wembley Park will welcome millions of people every year to enjoy world-class entertainment and sporting events and an outstanding retail and leisure offer that together will provide visitors with a day out like no other. It will also be home to thousands of new high quality homes and a new community who will enjoy Wembley Park’s amenities, tree-lined boulevards, artisan markets and more. Wembley Park makes a great day out, find out more at www.wembleypark.com.
Assume the role of an Advertising Executive in a major Central London advertising agency. Your agency has been approached by the Wembley Park management and asked to make a proposal to handle an advertising campaign for the Park aimed at helping it achieve its goals.
Task 1 - Understand the Scope of Marketing Communications
Taking the role of an Advertising Executive, write a report to your client (Wembley Park) that addresses the following areas:
- Provide your client with an explanation of how the communication process applies to Wembley Park. (1.1)
- Provide your client with a brief background of the advertising and promotion industry. (1.2)
- Identify, assess and briefly explain how promotion is regulated within the UK. (1.3)
- Explain some of the current trends in advertising and promotion, including the impact of ICT (e.g. social media) on promotional activities. (1.4)
Task 2 - Understand the Role and Importance of Advertising
Your presentation should use an appropriate format such as power points slide with speaker notes or any other presentation format agreed with your own lecturer. Your presentation should address the following areas:-
- The role of advertising in an integrated promotional strategy for Wembley Park. (2.1)
- Explanation of how branding Wembley Park can be developed and the benefits accruing from branding. (2.2)
- Identification and review of the creative aspects of advertising in the context of Wembley Park. (2.3)
- Outline how your agency will be working with other agencies. A Gantt chart may be used or any other presentation format. Roles and responsibilities should be identified. (2.4)
- An explanation of below-the-line promotional techniques and how they can be used by Wembley Park in an integrated promotional strategy to achieve their promotional objectives. (3.1)
- An evaluation of other below-the-line promotion techniques that can be used in future by Wembley Park. Include advantages and disadvantages of these techniques.(3.2)
Task 3 - Be Able to Plan Integrated Promotional Strategies
- Create a budget for the Wembley Park campaign. Follow an appropriate process for the formulation of a budget for an integrated promotional strategy. (4.1)
- Demonstrate how you intend to carry out the development of a promotional plan for Wembley Park. (4.2)
- Plan the integration of promotional techniques into the promotional strategy for a business or product. (4.3)
- Discuss appropriate techniques that you will be using for measuring campaign effectiveness for Wembley Park. (4.4)