Delivery in day(s): 5
What is Hardware and Software Components?
What is Hardware and Software Components? This blog post is about Components of a computer system, in which we are sharing basic information about hardware and software components. Hardware -Computer hardware is the physical components of the system. Anything that can be touched is known as ‘hardware’ and here are some of the hardware explained. Cabinet A cabinet is nothing but the case, either plastic or metallic enclosure that capsules almost all the other hardware. This is being replaced by ‘all-in-one-eye’ design that puts everything in one case. Motherboard Motherboard is a large IC board that connects the other small hardware with the other peripherals.
- CPU -Central Processing Unite controls the entire system and it is metaphorically compared to a human brain as it is responsible for the arithmetic and logical functioning.
- CHIPSET -A chipset is a mediator that communicates with the CPU and the memory and other internal hardware units.
- RAM -Random Access Memory is a temporary storehouse of data which are written and read almost at the same time by the CPU. If the information is not save the information would be lost
- ROM -Read Only Memory is another device that stores data and as its name says, the data are only read from the chip but not written. It is a non-volatile memory unit which means that the data will stay in the chip regardless of the power supply.
- Keyboard – It is the main input which aids in inputting letters and symbols
- Mouse – Hardware to control the cursor in a monitor by hovering over a flat surface and performs selection and moving tasks.
- Printers and Scanners – Devices that help in printing and scanning. The uses and types change with every environment.
- Webcams – Video cameras that stream live video during video chat or record video.
- CD drives – Drives that read and write information from a compact disk.
- Graphic cards – Components that help in controlling and enhancing graphics.