This solution is given for the unit 5 of the BITE College Advertising and Promotion in Business Assignment for BTEC HNC certificate in Business (QCF). Assignment Title:
Essay on Theoretical Understanding and Practical Application of Advertising and Promotion in Business
This assignment is based on the case scenario presented below and you must use it to answer the questions that follow.
LUNDY LTD is a global marketing communication company in the process of recruiting HE students in the UK for three weeks well paid (£2,400.00) internship. They have an eye for students who have studied Advertisment and Promotion in Business at the level 5 HND stage. The company believes that this level would be most relevant to their current needs because they seek interns from HE who have good knowledge and understanding of the scope and techniques of marketing communication, the role and importance of advertising, and the ability to plan integrated promotional strategies.
You made an application for this interesting position and your application has been a successful in that the company invited you to an assessment centre where you will write series of short essays for a panel of five members who are in the senior management cadre of the company.
The panel will assess how relevant your essay is, and use it as the primary yardstick for selection of interns. The criteria for assessment and characteristics of essays at passable, merit and distinction levels are provided later below.
Essay Task 1:The scope of Marketing Communications
You should attempt to:
- Explain the marketing communication process that applies to the advertising and promotion of business
- Provide an explanation of how the advertising and promotion industry is organised.
- Provide an assessment of how promotion is regulated.
- Examine current trends in advertising and promotion (including but not limited to the impact of ICT).
(Task 1 provides evidence for learning outcome 1; Assessment Criteria 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 and M1, M3)
Essay Task 2:The Role and Importance of Advertising and Promotion in Business
You should attempt to:
2.1 Explain how advertising can play an important role as part of an integrated strategy for the promotion of a business or product.
2.2 Explain branding and how it can be used as a tool to strengthen a business or product, using one global brand as an illustration
2.3 Review the various creative aspects of advertising.
2.4 Examine the major ways of working with an advertising agency.
( Task 2 provides evidence for learning outcome2; Assesment Criteria 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4 and M3, D3)
Essay Task 3:Below-the-line Techniques and their Usage
You should attempt to:
3.1 indetify and explain the primary techniques of below-the-line promotion; and how they can play a role as part of an integrated strategy for the promotion of a business or product.
3.2 Identify some techniques used in below-the-line promotion that are not regarded as ‘primary’ and that you have not discussed in 3.1 last above; give your evaluation of these techniques.
( Task 3 provides evidence for learning outcome 3; Assessment Criteria 3.1, 3.2 and M2, M3, D1)
Essay Task 4:Ability to plan Integrated Promotional Strategies
You should attempt to:
4.1 Select and follow a process that is appropriate for the formulation of a budget for an integrated promotional strategy.
4.2 Taking an initial budget of £16,000.00, explain how you would use it to carry out the development of promotional plan for any chosen business or product.
4.3 Provide a plan for how you would integrate promotional techniques into the overall promotional strategy for any chosen business or product. These promotional techniques may include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Increasing engagement
- Use of social media for market research
- Location-based marketing techniques
- Focus on quality content
4.4 Select and apply techniques that are appropriate to measure the effectiveness of a particular campaign.
( Task 4 provides evidence for Learning Outcome 4; Assessment Criteria 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4 and M3, D1, D2)
Learning Outcomes and Assessment Criteria
In order to Pass this unit, the evidence that the learner presents for assessment needs to demonstrate that they can meet all the Learning Outcomes for this unit.
The Assessment Criteria determine the standard required to pass this unit. The assessment criteria will act as a guide to help you put into context your answers to fulfil the Learning Outcomes.
|Learning Outcomes||Assessment Criteria|
|LO1 Understand the scope of marketing communications||1.1 explain the communication process that applies to advertising and promotion 1.2 explain the organisation of the advertising and promotions industry 1.3 assess how promotion is regulated 1.4 examine current trends in advertising and promotion, including the impact of ICT|
|LO2 Understand the role and importance of advertising and promotion in business||2.1 explain the role of advertising in an integrated promotional strategy for a business or product 2.2 explain branding and how it is used to strengthen a business or product 2.3 review the creative aspects of advertising 2.4 examine ways of working with advertising agencies|
|LO3 Understand below-the-line techniques and how they are used||3.1 explain primary techniques of below-the-line promotion and how they are used in an integrated promotional strategy for a business or product 3.2 evaluate other techniques used in below-the-line promotion|
|LO4 Be able to plan integrated promotional strategies|
4.1 follow an appropriate process for the formulation of a budget for an integrated promotional strategy
4.2 carry out the development of a promotional plan for a business or product
4.3 plan the integration of promotional techniques into the promotional strategy for a business or product
4.4 use appropriate techniques for measuring campaign effectiveness
The Scope of Marketing Communications for Advertising and promotion in business1.4 Examine current trends in Advertising and promotion in Business
Advertising is that paid activity of business to gain the attention of public towards its products or service. It is type of communication between the organization and the public whereas promotion is the set of activities which creates the customer awareness about the product or service, generate sales and create the brand loyalty. (Lee & Johnson, 2005)
Every day we go through lot of advertisements on Television, on radio or in newspapers but advertisements and promotions are not limited to only newspapers or televisions nowadays, it has seen lot of advancements and innovations in recent times. Advertising and Promotion is so effective for targeting the right consumer and generating more sales for the product or service. Some current trends in advertising and Promotions explained below:
- Information and Communication Technology:It is the technology in which the information is communicated through the devices like televisions, cell phones, laptops, etc. In Information and Communication Technology, the information is gathered, processed, stored and then it is presented in digital form. It helps every business to grow and flourish. It is used in website designing, market research, social media marketing, etc. Currently, most of the companies are taking help of the Internet to communicate with the existing and prospective consumers. By this, they can access maximum no. of people and increase their client base. (Jordi Vilaseca, Joan Torrent, & Ana, 2007)
- Multichannel Marketing: Nowadays, No company uses only one option to advertise or promote their products and services. A company can use many channels at a time and there can be a blend of traditional marketing channels and modern marketing channels to advertise and promote the products and services.
- QR Codes: QR Code refers to Quick Response code which is a Universal Product Code for every product, also known as Bar Code. It is a recent trend in advertising; consumers can scan the bar code of any product and can gain information about the particular product. QR code can be scanned through the QR code reader machines but nowadays it can also be scanned by smart phones, where one can additional information about the product.(Firebrand, 2013)
- Co-Branding: Co-branding is a method of advertising where two brands come together and advertise their brands in a combined advertisement. So, it is advantageous for the companies to take help of the brand image of both the brands. For Example: McDonalds and Coca Cola.
- Online advertising: Companies are using online channels to advertise their products. Nowadays, consumers surf Internet to gain information about many products and services and companies takes advantage of it. They advertise their products and services online, like banners, popup windows, pay per click ads, etc. on search engines and many websites.
- Social Media Advertising:In recent times, it has become a successful channel for advertising the products and services for the businesses. It’s a great method where the products and services are advertised on the social media websites. Most of the population of the world use social media nowadays and by using social media marketing, the companies can access to the maximum population to advertise themselves. For e.g.: Facebook launched its advertising option in 2005. Social media advertising revenue is estimated about $8.4 billion in 2015.(land, 2015)
These recent trends in advertising and Promotion in business are helping the organizations to boost up their sales and increasing their profits year after year.This is snippet of the BITE College Advertising and Promotion in Business Assignment. For complete assignment help just click the below button