|Introduction and background notes||Assignment Context and the Scenario
This assignment consists of three tasks aimed at helping the learner understand the nature and structure of resort operations as well as understanding the importance of Quality systems and their impacts along with issues of managing incidents in resorts.
For this assignment, consider yourself as a trained travel and tourism executive with several years of experience working as resort-tour operator liaison person. As an annual management reporting policy, you have been assigned to prepare and present a written report to the company management of your current organization which is engaged in the packaging and selling holidays to the resorts. The management is very much interested in evaluating the quality systems in the resorts and the management practices related to incidents. Although the tasks in this assignment are all based on the scenario provided above, you need to support your discussion with relevant theories and concepts.Hint:
Choose a medium to large size UK tour operator organization, which provides different types of holiday programs in various locations. Consider programs such as summer and winter sun, camping and self-catering, sailing and trekking, etc.
Research the resort management practices in resorts throughout the world and provide a One-page summary of your chosen organization as an introduction. Consider different types of tour operating programs for comparisons and analysis. Avoid using cut and paste materials when writing and completing assignment. Any scenario related materials could be attached in the appendix. Recommended word limit is 3000, excluding the introduction and appendices, if any.
|Tasks||What you must do||Grading Criteria|
|Task 1:||LO 1:
||P 1.1, M1, D1|
|M3, D 3|
|LO1 Understand the function and structure of resort operations||1.1 Analyse the function of the resort operations of tour operators 1.2 Analyse the structure of the resort offices of different types of tour operator|
|LO2 Understand the role and impact of quality systems and procedures||2.1 Discuss how effective quality systems and procedures affect legal and conflict situations 2.2 Analyse the impact of quality systems and procedures implemented by a specified tour operator on its operations|
|LO3 Understand the management issues relating to incidents||3.1 Analyse incidents that could affect the operations of a resort 3.2 Evaluate the procedures to be implemented by a tour operator to deal with different incidents 3.3 Discuss how procedures to be implemented by a tour operator link with guidelines of trade associations and government bodies|
LO 1 Understand the function and structure of resort operations
1.1 Analyse the function of the resort operations of tour operators
Resort management refers to the functions related to the hospitality industry where the managers or operators of the tour manages the operations related to food and beverages, maintenance, health and safety and they set up the coordination between different stakeholders.
The resort operations include making arrangements for bed and accommodation, making arrangements for the meals, i.e. food and the beverages, maintaining the health and safety of the tourists, maintaining coordination between the suppliers, consumers and maintain the communication between different tourist destination offices.
The resorts have to handle their operations in different types of situations. Their functions vary with the difference in the markets, difference in seasons in which they operate the space available, design and facilities and mainly because of the expectations of the consumers with the service provided by the resorts.
The different functions of the resort operations of tour operators are discussed below:
- To provide facilities: It is the important function of resort operations to provide best services to the customers. The main motive of any business is to satisfy and please its customers so that they become loyal customers. They have to concentrate on the different needs of different customers and make them available with best facilities. (Ferguson, 2010)
- The service attitude: the resort is chosen by the customer based on its quality of service, its reviews and the brand name. Quality maintenance in the services of the resorts is the most important. There should be well trained staff which takes care of the customers or guests and to provide them high level comfort. (Murphy, 2015)
- Revenue generation: Every business works for the profit. A resort can generate the revenue from many sources. It can start a café or a restaurant for food and beverages, the facilities of recreation can be provided within a resort and accommodation facilities are the main sources of the revenue. Nowadays, the resorts provide facilities of banquet halls, business centers, meeting rooms so that any personal or business function can be conducted there. (Ferguson, 2010)
- Communication: The resort operations include establishing clear communication with the customers, suppliers, society and employees. It also includes maintaining coordination among different departments within the resort like the head office, local resort office, suppliers and customers. ((2013), 2013)
- Safety and Health measures: the tour operator has to has to give suggestions to the customers about choosing the resorts so it is the responsibility of the tour operator to maintain health and safety in the resort so that it can satisfy the customers because the health and safety is workplace is the major concern.
- Training and education: The managers of the resort operation have to train and educate their employees because it enhances their quality of services and they can handle the variety of customers then. (Murphy, 2015)
Tour and travel industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the world and so it has to be managed effectively.
Bibliography(2013), H. W. (2013). ‘Travel with purpose: 2013 – 2014 Corporate Responsibility Report’ . Retrieved 12 01, 2015, from http://cr.hiltonworldwide.com/downloads/2013_ES.pdf Ferguson. (2010). Travel and Tourism. Infobase Publishing. Murphy, P. (2015). The Business of resort managemnt. Retrieved 12 12, 2015, from https://www.elsevier.com/books/the-business-of-resort-management/murphy/978-0-7506-6661-9
for complete solution of Resort Management Assignment or other unit of HND travel and tourism management course click below.